Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Show us your themes!

Have a theme you've designed for a website or for forum/blog software? Feel free to show us here!

As for my theme, the default theme for makestation is mine. I figure that since you guys are seeing it on a live site I need not post a screenshot. Tongue

This is one I designed for my site, Simopsis. I designed it from scratch using Bootstrap. First theme I ever developed. Big Grin This image is outdated in the sense it has the site's old logo.

[Image: SMPPenguin_theme_zps42ac8738.jpg]
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
That's definitely an incredible theme. I am quite impressed with it to say the least. It's premium quality for sure. Big Grin

You did a fantastic job there really. I'd like to see what you can do without using Bootstrap though Tongue
Yeah, that is really nice.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(July 22nd, 2013 at 5:46 PM)cheesesc4 Wrote: You did a fantastic job there really. I'd like to see what you can do without using Bootstrap though Tongue

I'd get nowhere particularly quickly. Tongue It'd take longer but I suppose it's possible.
Haha I did the makestation theme in three days without bootstrap, so it's definitely possible.

My main issue would be developing the portal to look good. Bootstrap's JS image slider rocks.
Yeah, it is quite nice. Much better than most of the alternatives out there right now.

Yea. I tried a few before I started designing SMP Penguin (when I was planning on just adding a portal to the existing Simopsis theme) - none worked out quite right.
Yeah, bootstrap is pretty good. Foundation isn't bad either, although I've never really used it for something serious before.

I'm currently working on a Proboards Forum theme Called Egyptian. I'm collabing with a good friend, but it's coming together. The person that I'm designing it for likes the payrus font.. which is very annoying, but here's a link to the test site for live preview...

http://thegreatrevolttest.proboards.com/
[Image: YG0DVKH.png]
^click my banner you know you want to Tongue
Didn't know this thread existed. Huh
Here's a theme I made a few weeks ago.
http://prntscr.com/1j7eol
(August 14th, 2013 at 6:30 AM)Teg Wrote: I'm currently working on a Proboards Forum theme Called Egyptian. I'm collabing with a good friend, but it's coming together. The person that I'm designing it for likes the payrus font.. which is very annoying, but here's a link to the test site for live preview...

http://thegreatrevolttest.proboards.com/

It definitely has a very unique feel to it. I love the font used.

Teg: It's looking good. I can see how tht font would be annoying, at least at small fonts, but the theme is coming together nicely.
bugara1: Sweet, that's nice!
Here's an old website of mine. Very simplistic, heavily based on the Ubuntu styling at the time.
http://junk.thomasboxley.com/.archive/th...om-2013-1/
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
it's not much to look at given how simple a lot of other themes are but I can claim that it uses zero javascript (except for the visitor counter) and the entire theme is in the HTML file of the page it's self, no external main CSS file... though I could probably set that up later.

but it is a theme completely designed from scratch.

was a lot of fun too!

all starting out with a basic 2 column layout and going from there.

note, this may change designs in the future but for the moment this is probably my best work so far.

but everybody's seen this already from my post on how to make the buttons work like they do. Big Grin

as for the graphic design side of things I did all of that in gimp with inkscape to adjust the graphics to scale well as .SVG files working under ubuntu 18.04.
I may re-design stuff later using my wacom stylus but I'm not super good at detailed hand drawn stuff yet... that's more my sister's skill set.

@ Thomas, I do like your theme being a linux user myself, I can even see how it sorta works since a lot of the code that went into that design also went into my own, or something similar.
it's a simple but elegant design, thanks for sharing.

@ everybody else, you know I actually looked into bootstrap, and it probably would have made things a ton easier when designing my page... however I sorta wanted to do things old school, but I can definitely see it's usefulness! Cool

[Image: 8S8KEnN.png]

[Image: cZc8cOm.png]

[Image: xZlLDSd.png]
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Well, started a BLACK theme development on top of good old lost Demonate database. Development is slow due to lack of spare time.
Its an imageless, tableless, responsive theme. This is how it looks in mobile:

[Image: Untitled-1.png]