Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Preferred hardware manufacturer

When we buy technology we all have a tendency to lean more towards one manufacturer or the other. However, it typically depends on the technology I am buying. For example, if I was going to buy a laptop computer I would probably go with the Lenovo ThinkPad series of laptops. However, when I buy TV's I tend to lean toward the Vizio's.

What hardware manufacturer's do you prefer and for what type of tech?
I like LG, personally. Many people around my neck of the woods swear left and right by Samsung, and I think they are great too.

For laptops, I've always been a Lenovo guy, but nowadays I pretty much use Apple where I can. My 2012 Macbook still runs like an champ and is pretty reliable, as far as computers go. Finna

I like Motorola and Lucky Goldstar (LG), they've always been good to me... though ASUS also makes great stuff!

ideally though I'd like to build my own stuff but well... not everything can be DIY'ed... yet!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Nokia, Microsoft, AMD, MSI, Corsair
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
oh yeah I like nokia, they make, or made great phones lol.
(February 11th, 2019 at 1:00 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: oh yeah I like nokia, they make, or made great phones lol.

They MADE the BEST phones.

Then smartphones took off....
Tongue I still want an N900, it's a linux phone, with a keyboard!

long before android Wink
I love my Nokia 6.1. Very solid mid range phone. Headphone jack, 1080p display, 3 gb ram. All for $300.
No one said SONY? Sad
(February 13th, 2019 at 8:50 AM)effone Wrote: No one said SONY? Sad

They made fantastic CD players. I had a stockpile of them back in the day. Finna

I've got a co-worker who swears by his sony android phone.

cost a pretty penny, has a really nice camera, get's great cell reception, media playback is fantastic on it.

but besides the PSP I can't really say much for their "mobile" devices.
Woah, Sony even has phones? Interesting... Finna

Then again, there are a ton of phone manufacturers who are hugely popular in other parts of the world. Here in the US, Huawei is almost unheard of, and yet it’s basically the gold standard of innovation in many areas in the world. When I used to sell phones, every once in a while someone would come from another country and ask about Huawei’s. The shock on their face of not seeing them... was priceless every time. literally, here in the US, we just don’t have ‘em. I almost wish that we did. They are fantastic phones. Tongue

ROFL, I only know about them due to Linus tech tips occasionally reviewing them... But he's Canadian so still not technically us lol.
(February 16th, 2019 at 10:32 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Woah, Sony even has phones? Interesting... Finna

Then again, there are a ton of phone manufacturers who are hugely popular in other parts of the world. Here in the US, Huawei is almost unheard of, and yet it’s basically the gold standard of innovation in many areas in the world. When I used to sell phones, every once in a while someone would come from another country and ask about Huawei’s. The shock on their face of not seeing them... was priceless every time. literally, here in the US, we just don’t have ‘em. I almost wish that we did. They are fantastic phones. Tongue

Ehhhhh, they're in a ton of legal trouble right now here in the US.
@ Thomas: Because of the spying, the data collection, or who their political ties are?
I have a lot of favorites such as Logitech, ASUS, EVGA, Nvidia, and recently Gigabyte. Smile
Lol all three

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Project] [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) Lain 11 5,556 March 4th, 2020 at 7:57 PM
Last Post: Lain
  PC won't boot USB? Using 10 year old hardware? try PLOP! SpookyZalost 0 1,938 March 12th, 2019 at 5:09 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Preferred linux distribution Darth-Apple 19 25,325 February 22nd, 2019 at 3:22 AM
Last Post: zoldos