Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preferred hardware manufacturer
When we buy technology we all have a tendency to lean more towards one manufacturer or the other. However, it typically depends on the technology I am buying. For example, if I was going to buy a laptop computer I would probably go with the Lenovo ThinkPad series of laptops. However, when I buy TV's I tend to lean toward the Vizio's.

What hardware manufacturer's do you prefer and for what type of tech?
Thanks given by:
I like LG, personally. Many people around my neck of the woods swear left and right by Samsung, and I think they are great too.

For laptops, I've always been a Lenovo guy, but nowadays I pretty much use Apple where I can. My 2012 Macbook still runs like an champ and is pretty reliable, as far as computers go. Finna
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
I like Motorola and Lucky Goldstar (LG), they've always been good to me... though ASUS also makes great stuff!

ideally though I'd like to build my own stuff but well... not everything can be DIY'ed... yet!
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
Nokia, Microsoft, AMD, MSI, Corsair
Thanks given by:
oh yeah I like nokia, they make, or made great phones lol.
Thanks given by:
(February 11th, 2019 at 1:00 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: oh yeah I like nokia, they make, or made great phones lol.

They MADE the BEST phones.

Then smartphones took off....
Thanks given by:
Tongue I still want an N900, it's a linux phone, with a keyboard!

long before android Wink
Thanks given by:
I love my Nokia 6.1. Very solid mid range phone. Headphone jack, 1080p display, 3 gb ram. All for $300.
Thanks given by:
No one said SONY? Sad
Thanks given by: Darth-Apple
(February 13th, 2019 at 8:50 AM)effone Wrote: No one said SONY? Sad

They made fantastic CD players. I had a stockpile of them back in the day. Finna
Thanks given by:
I've got a co-worker who swears by his sony android phone.

cost a pretty penny, has a really nice camera, get's great cell reception, media playback is fantastic on it.

but besides the PSP I can't really say much for their "mobile" devices.
Thanks given by:
Woah, Sony even has phones? Interesting... Finna

Then again, there are a ton of phone manufacturers who are hugely popular in other parts of the world. Here in the US, Huawei is almost unheard of, and yet it’s basically the gold standard of innovation in many areas in the world. When I used to sell phones, every once in a while someone would come from another country and ask about Huawei’s. The shock on their face of not seeing them... was priceless every time. literally, here in the US, we just don’t have ‘em. I almost wish that we did. They are fantastic phones. Tongue
Thanks given by:
ROFL, I only know about them due to Linus tech tips occasionally reviewing them... But he's Canadian so still not technically us lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Preferred linux distribution Darth-Apple 15 11,232 May 26th, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost