Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3D Digital Art - Problems with Computer Memory?

I have Poser 10 installed on an eMachines with only a few GB.  However, the problem is the memory isn't up-gradeable and I cannot due a lot of stuff without more memory.  Anyway, I've considered getting some software moving thing and moving it to my other "memory up-gradeable" HP.

OK, who has similar problems?  How did you deal with it?  Any thoughts in general?
you know, in windows 7 onwards there is the option to use flash drives as ram but it's really slow.

still the option is there if you want to try it for those programs, otherwise you might want to use a desktop with a much higher ram celing.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Yes, which version of Windows do you have installed? Windows is very RAM intensive indeed. I've never too much liked that aspect. You could also get an SSD, which would make the swap a good bit faster when things do get swapped out of RAM, but at that point, the money spent on swap could easily be spent on new computer.

In some ways I'm in the same boat. I'm relying on a 7 year old Macbook that can barely keep up with some of the things I put it through, but I think I can get a couple more years out of it. Some of the graphics intensive stuff requires more than this thing is truly capable of... Finna

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni's Digital Artwork Showcase OmniBLACK 5 5,065 March 20th, 2019 at 7:41 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  Who can make a custom face with digital software? TheJason 0 2,266 February 4th, 2019 at 4:33 PM
Last Post: TheJason