Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex

I recently dropped Spotify, Netflix, and Hulu and have been "developing" a media library using Plex. I bought an 8 TB external HDD, bringing my total up to 11 TB. I bought a Plex Pass which lets me access my library on the go, and also lets me share my library and access other people's libraries. Highly recommend. If any of you have a Plex Pass and are interested in doing a library share let me know.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
Where do you get all the content? We use Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and recently, Philio.
All of the usual legal sources...
Was thinking of doing something like that a while ago, since I am always on the go and being able to stream what I want to stream sounds cool, but I also figured that I would need a really fast upload speed from wherever the server is.

As such I decided against, since I get maybe 10mbit up speeds from my place. I'd need to invest in something like a seedbox that has good bandwidth, and I just won't spend that much haha. So I stick to my usual kissanime/crunchyroll/whatever since I only watch cartoons anyway.
Yes but do you have as many choices as all the "major" providers?
eh for me vrv + funimation is good for anime stuffs lol Finna

vrv includes crunchyroll, hi dive, rooster teeth, boomerang, and a few other really nice channels for what crunchyroll by it's self was costing me.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(March 22nd, 2019 at 9:58 AM)zoldos Wrote: Yes but do you have as many choices as all the "major" providers?

I do Wink