Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FTP Client

What FTP Client do you use? I use FileZilla as it's the most popular and I just plain like it Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I almost always use filezilla as well. At times I have used SSH instead of FTP for file transfer, and I've used windows explorer before as well.

WinSCP since works with windows/linux and sftp. If a lot of files I like SmartFTP due to multiple thread support and some custom setttings.
[url=http://www.createaforum.com">Free Forum Hosting[/url]
sFTP is really the way to go if you are able to use it. Most shared hosts use standard FTP, so that is what a lot of people are familiar with. Luckily I'm not using shared hosting, so I am able to use sFTP easily.

I actually crashed a VPS I was setting up for someone once by using a faulty configuration of vsftpd. It's an easy thing to accidentally corrupt, and creating all of the FTP users one by one is a real pain. Sftp solves a lot of problems. Tongue

I've only ever used Filezilla, personally. It works.  Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Also note I only use FTP because I have a either a choice of File Manager or FTP for my Minecraft server. And although I think File Manager is more suited for this, I really lean towards FTP since it is more professional imo.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
File manager is much harder to use as well. I actually don't even have the option to use file manager for makestation because I purchased unmanaged hosting and don't get cPAnel, but what's really nice is that I get direct SSH access and some great hosting for a much lower price, since I'm not paying for all of the little details I don't really need anyway.

(June 30th, 2013 at 6:34 PM)t3haco Wrote: What FTP Client do you use?
I use Core FTP Lite. Pro is free (lifetime free trail, that is), however, you have to wait a long time before you can take advantage of the program. Oh, and the wait gets longer with every use. Today it's 2 minutes, tomorrow it'll be 4 minutes, and the next day - 8 minutes. Crazy stuff, hence the reason I use Lite.

(June 30th, 2013 at 6:34 PM)t3haco Wrote: I use FileZilla as it's the most popular and I just plain like it Tongue
FileZilla gave the world of problems on my old dual-core desktop running on Windows Vista. I tried it out on my new quad-core Windows 7 laptop and I'm still encountering some issues with the program. For a start, it uploads files VERY slow.

Other times it uploads files pretty quick. I tested the same FTP details with another FTP program and everything worked fine. I guess it was a problem with the firewall or something.

(July 1st, 2013 at 9:14 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: File manager is much harder to use as well. I actually don't even have the option to use file manager for makestation because I purchased unmanaged hosting and don't get cPAnel, but what's really nice is that I get direct SSH access and some great hosting for a much lower price, since I'm not paying for all of the little details I don't really need anyway.

I also don't use cPanel unless I purchase shared hosting. It's a lot of money to keep renewing a cPanel license yearly. Plus, there are other free alternatives, however, it will consume server resources that can be used for your website(s).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FTP/SFTP Clients spork985 14 17,423 June 3rd, 2017 at 5:20 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost