Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

Some stress is good, yes.

I've already got the white hairs popping up in my beard...
(May 2nd, 2020 at 11:45 AM)tc4me Wrote: Xanax - dangerous emotional anesthesia for the stressed, so why take medication? The body is designed to deal with stress

the body wasn't designed to fast-travel through time though lol
yes and why the human being started to walk upright, he was fed up with his fingers on the floor in monkey poop Finna

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
idk man side effects of benzos are typically a lot more fun than their actual effects lol

fun fact: xanax and other benzos like clonazepam, diazepam, etizolam, etc. and barbiturates are only schedule 4 in Canada, meaning they're only illegal to sell/traffic if you're not a pharmacist, but they're very much legal to possess/use for personal use, so cops can't really do shit about it unless i'm stealing my neighbours garden gnome or something in the typical state of not giving a f***.

i know my rights and the general laws surrounding drugs in Canada very well Wink
the only downside is that in my area, it's really hard to get anything that's clean or legitimate.
most pills you find are bad quality presses of opioids like fentanyl, and that's just not worth the risk. we get way too many overdoses because of it. dealers don't care as long as they get their money.

then again i never use benzos, tried once or twice back in the day when I was severely depressed and honestly they just made me feel tired, even on .25g or a quarter of a bar. it just wasn't worth the 2-3$ i paid per pill. i had a better time on citalopram and lexapro, which are hardly recreational.
My fear with them is that they are highly addictive. If you get hooked on them, there are stories of people that needed years just to get off. have a lot of anxiety, so they would probably help me a lot, but I've never tried them once. Here, if you get caught with them illegally, you're in some trouble. It's very hard to even get a prescription here. Finna

Kratom is extremely popular here though (almost as popular as weed).

eh drugs have their uses, personally I prefer the benefits of meditation, martial arts, and mental training.
Stress is transitory if you let it be, focus on the end result and learn to become like water, flow around obstructions in your path, nothing is permanent and all things pass with time, focus on a project or hobby and use it to increase natural dopamine which helps as well.

this is handy especially now, it's how I'm keeping sane during the pandemic.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(May 3rd, 2020 at 1:33 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: My fear with them is that they are highly addictive. If you get hooked on them, there are stories of people that needed years just to get off. have a lot of anxiety, so they would probably help me a lot, but I've never tried them once. Here, if you get caught with them illegally, you're in some trouble. It's very hard to even get a prescription here. Finna

Kratom is extremely popular here though (almost as popular as weed).

i thought anxiety meds were like the easiest things to get in the states lol
even just going to your vet and saying 'my dog is scared at night he needs doggy xanax' lol
at least thats what the crackhead pages I follow on social media claim, but then again anxiety meds are extremely overprescribed globally.

most people here have never heard of kratom, even though we have our own little opioid epidemic as well. it's weird since it's typically used by recovering addicts to curb withdrawal.
but it's pretty nice tbh, a lot more clear-feeling than smoking weed, i.e. I can read a book and remember it, so it's been my substance of choice these last couple weeks. only down-side i've personally noticed is that I sleep for like 12hrs or more if I use it within a couple hours of heading to bed.
time and place, and moderation, as always.

(May 3rd, 2020 at 1:35 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: eh drugs have their uses, personally I prefer the benefits of meditation, martial arts, and mental training.
Stress is transitory if you let it be, focus on the end result and learn to become like water, flow around obstructions in your path, nothing is permanent and all things pass with time, focus on a project or hobby and use it to increase natural dopamine which helps as well.

this is handy especially now, it's how I'm keeping sane during the pandemic.

yeah but why train meditation from a bodhisattva for 10+yrs to achieve even the beginnings of enlightenment when you can just smoke some dmt and talk to god xd
im jk
i dont even use drugs for stress relief anymore. I'd drink a lot over the last couple years because of it, but i can safely say I haven't had a drink for months now and i'm doing way better.

i used to do martial arts back in the day, taekwondo specifically and did end up getting 2-dan, so I know the importance of strong mental. never really got into meditation until I started using psychedelics, because they really force you to think about things differently, and getting out of my own head and ego was basically impossible for my old self, simply since I didn't know how that actually felt like or what it entailed. if you really feel like shit all the time, then maybe psychs are the way to go, at least I personally have absolutely no regrets, but otherwise yeah just regular mental training will do wonders.
and you know what the cool thing about it, I have become almost 55 years young WITHOUT drugs alcohol and cigarettes and that is also very fit, and I do motor sports ;-) Finna

Our A/C and water heater broke at the same time (oddly). It's not a circuit breaker issue, they checked that. Our apartment has been getting pretty hot during the daytime now.

They gave us a portable A/C floor unit (not a window unit) in the meantime until they are able to fix our actual A/C. But this unit requires a vent to be run outdoors, and they didn't provide the vent. Quite literally, it blows hot air out the back and cold air out the front.

Never knew they could make a unit that could simultaneously be a heater and an air conditioner at the same time. What has the world come to? Finna

Wow, terrible timing.

We have a heat pump, which is essentially a heater and an A/C all in one.
Car died.... tired of paying to fix it so I spent half of yesterday buying a new vehicle... that is the WORST.
That’s not good, sorry to hear the news! What did you end up buying?

Speaking of car repairs...
[Image: Dh2VwGFl.jpg]
I'm ready to do the radiators now.
Now that’s what I call an engine.

We got a Honda Odyssey. The wife's going to drive it and I get the Jeep back. Tongue
Very nice! My family had an odyssey growing up. Great vehicles.

Jeeps are nice though too. Big Grin

ONE MOMENT ! My mechanic's eye discovered something. 3 screws are bad, so it runs minimally out of round but the consequential damage is fatal! Belt hops down at some point, try to screw in at least one screw, no matter how but drill out the thread, cut a new one or screw through, whereby the screw should go through from behind 

Then it!s PERFEKT  Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

@tc4me So... That's the fan pulley, I don't have the fan for it yet and your right, im missing a bolt because it's stuck in the bent up old fan.

If that's the biggest thing then I'm actually doing well because I haven't gotten to that yet.
[Image: V5K5Uxh_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
[Image: DkVgQYd.png]