Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Debate] The general chat thread

They sure do pile up. Almost wondering if we should scale them back a bit, but I'd want to get feedback from everyone else first.

There's a lot of double alerts. If someone replies to your thread, you get one for someone replying to a thread you created. You get a second one for someone replying to a thread you subscribed to. And it really should be a dropdown and not some popup. It adds up quickly.

Congrats on achieving 20k posts! (Yes, I know what truly counts is not the stats, but the friendships - but, I thought I'd celebrate anyway Tongue )

How is everbody here doing?
Good here! It's easter, gonna try to celebrate it any way I can.

And we're super excited about the milestone. We're sort of a tight knit place that's been around for a while, so the milestone is a big "hey, we made it guys." It's a big one for us. Smile

As long as this place has been around, I think its more impressive that we have such a tight knit and dedicated community with the relatively low number of posts. This place is truly amazing.
(April 12th, 2020 at 11:26 PM)Guardian Wrote: As long as this place has been around, I think its more impressive that we have such a tight knit and dedicated community with the relatively low number of posts. This place is truly amazing.

It was a team effort. We all made it happen together! Smile

Emailing my professors to explain "Hey, I've been swamped... this is why."

About to face the giant here. Probs failing this entire semester. Huh

(April 20th, 2020 at 2:08 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Emailing my professors to explain "Hey, I've been swamped... this is why."

About to face the giant here. Probs failing this entire semester. Huh

Good luck. Undecided  Never good times.

I've failed entire semesters in high school (medical reasons), but college is a different animal, not to mention expensive.
Good evening, all. I hope everyone is well.
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
(April 21st, 2020 at 9:02 AM)MeowsePad Wrote: Good evening, all. I hope everyone is well.

What's up MeowsePad!?
Not a whole lot. Hopefully going to bed before too long here. You?
[Image: meowsepaddotorg.png]
(April 22nd, 2020 at 5:09 AM)MeowsePad Wrote: Not a whole lot. Hopefully going to bed before too long here. You?

Too much telework. Seems the end of the world makes people work harder for some reason.

Actually, I know its trying to prove value in case layoffs come, but its crazy nonetheless.
I don't mind telework honestly, you working all night guardian?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I have recently discovered that Amazon has betrayed me and has been hiding the most incredible products ever from me.
On this day, about ten minutes ago, I discovered the existence of Lindt Hzelnut/chocolate spread. Or basically high-quality Nutella.
I also discovered Reese Peanut Butter Sauce, which is exactly what it sounds like.
I also discovered Jif Hazelnut/Chocolate Cheesecake spread.

The one thing I wasn't able to find was only an idea in my head.
You see, I love nutella, but I love vanilla more than chocolate.
So I tried searching for a vanilla spread or something, and the only thing that came up was that weird-a** American (sorry i gotta throw the jab in) Marshmallow Fluff. Close Second Place goes to CoolWhip which isn't much better. But then I realized that I could just make my own using a copycat recipe of Nutella, then changing cocoa to something else.

So that's my plan for tomorrow.
Buy some Hazelnut butter (Or a f*** of hazelnuts to make my own)
Buy some Nesquick Vanilla Milk mix or something like that (worst case scenario I use normal vailla extract)
Buy some condensed milk as a sweetening agent
Mix all that shit up and make Vanilla Nutella
(April 23rd, 2020 at 3:15 AM)Lain Wrote: I also discovered Reese Peanut Butter Sauce, which is exactly what it sounds like.

WUT! Confused 

Oh I have to find some.
You guys don't have that in your local supermarkets?

We've all sorts of weird spreads, jamms, and other stuff like that. I've yet to see a vanilla one though.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(April 23rd, 2020 at 8:24 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I've yet to see a vanilla one though.

EXACTLY
It's an itch that I NEED to scratch. Something like vanilla cake icing that you can buy in containers, except not as sugary and more or a sticky kinda consistency like nutella
Turns out Hazelnut butter on its own isn't super easy to come by and the usual store I go to for nuts like pistachios by the pound and whatever is closed until further notice. I'll figure something out over the next few days before I lose my mind.
Oh a vanilla spread... hook me TF up!
I'm having odd, numb chest pain that comes and goes for about six months. Today it has been far worse than usual. I do pick-up/delivery service for the service department at a car dealership. We often travel long distances and have been busy because of the Coronavirus.

But today there was so much tightness in my chest that I was clenched up in the seat the entire way down to this lady's house. I'm really not sure what I should do. Probably going to call my doctor later today.

I don't think it's a heart attack. It's been on/off for several months now, but it seems to be getting worse. Definitely a warning sign. I'm hoping it's just stress related and nothing else, we will see in a few days I suppose.