Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Instrumental music?

Personally, I prefer music with lyrics, but good instrumental music is definitely really enjoyable to listen to as well. What primarily instrumental bands are you listening to?

I prefer instrumental music. Chiptunes, orchestral music...
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I mostly hate it when songs have great music, but the lyrics are offensive or just very poor in general. Instrumental music never has that problem. Big Grin

I think people who make chiptunes are quite talented, but some of it is lousy. As for orchestral music, I really like it. How everything is in synch and it simply sounds quite beautiful.

Otherwise, music with lyrics is only slightly better than instrumentals. Sometimes though the lyrics are just awful.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Quote:Sometimes though the lyrics are just awful.

Does Justin Bieber count?
I didn't really care for his music or his lyrics to be honest. Tongue

(June 28th, 2013 at 3:38 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: Does Justin Bieber count?
I didn't really care for his music or his lyrics to be honest. Tongue

Yeah really Big Grin
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
And one direction isn't really any better either haha.

(June 27th, 2013 at 9:51 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I mostly hate it when songs have great music, but the lyrics are offensive or just very poor in general. Instrumental music never has that problem. Big Grin

Wow. You took the words right out of my mouth.
There are a lot of songs that enjoy better listening to without lyrics.
There are songs I like listening to that don't have any lyrics. But most I listen to do...
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Post-rock is the way to go for music without lyrics. Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Ros, all amazing bands.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(September 8th, 2019 at 7:18 PM)Thomas Wrote: Post-rock is the way to go for music without lyrics. Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Ros, all amazing bands.

Heart Heart

Mono is one of my favorite bands ever!

Also, most of math rock bands are instrumental, a lot of new age music is purely instrumental.
There is a bar that I frequent (closed due to coronavirus Sad ) that plays mostly new age music. When they don't, they turn around and play Rush instead. Quite a change in pace they got there...

Was never much a fan of new age, but it's grown on me. It has to have the right feel to it, but it's great when you're busy trying to be productive with something. It puts you in the mood to work without being a distraction. Finna Tongue

The problem with new age music is that it's a commercial label that includes tons of genres and styles wit several differences each other! Just world music itself is diverse AF, NAM also has a strong electronic branch from classics like vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre to Tangerine Dream and even some works of aphex twin or boards of canada can be label as NAM, it's crazy xD
That sounds almost as chaotic and complex as "steampunk music" which can be anything from world style music with steampunk themed lyrics to a kind of orchestral industrial.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Sorta D:

Here a nice recommendation: Prog-rock/jazz/experimental

(March 22nd, 2020 at 6:27 AM)Plushy Wrote: Sorta D:

Here a nice recommendation: Prog-rock/jazz/experimental

It's very groovy towards the end. And then it just drops off! Huh Tongue

Like it though.

I don't like music only instrumental so much, text should be there, it just makes the combination, it has to go into the blood ...

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!