Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need Advice: what software do you use for making websites/webpages

so I'm looking into creating a neocities website for myself and It's been about 10 years since I last dabbled in HTML and web design proper... back then I used macromedia dreamweaver MX.

so any advice on what are some good modern website building software?

or possibly an alternative like dreamwever?
I really don't want to touch the adobe creative cloud lol.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Google Web Designer? https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

I haven't used it, but I imagine their products would be top-notch. Dreamweaver's the only one I can remember using... ages ago. Tongue
Do you have coding knowledge, basic html and css? If so, best option would be to use a framework like bootstrap, download a preset base template and build from there. Frameworks have stupid amount of documentation and are super simple to get started.

If that's too much, try something like webflow, or.. dare I say it some other "Web builders". I haven't heard of dreamweaver being used in Web development since I were in school to be honest.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
@Harry K.: I've got some basic knowledge, mostly from troubleshooting stuff using firefox to view what code is where, how it's connected, etc.

luckily there's tons of tutorials lol Tongue and it's not too much different from the my bb codes I'm already used to using since I actually type them out  Cool
I just use HTML and CSS and I use Visual Studio as my IDE. It works well with saving directly to FTP via WinSCP on the fly.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
ok so I'm going to have to do this old school then lol Tongue

one of the things I liked about dreamweaver is it had a nice GUI for designing webpages that then converted that into HTML code.
but that's fine, I've been learning HTML to get the hang of things before I move onto CSS
learn them in tandem. CSS isn't particularly complex, and is pretty essential for building websites.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
honestly I sorta have been, I've already gotten quite a lot of work done, CSS along with HTML 5 has proven quite the powerful tool combination.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite tools or equipment for making stuff. SpookyZalost 0 820 July 1st, 2021 at 10:28 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Need some iPhone advice Darth-Apple 9 9,815 August 6th, 2018 at 11:10 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost