Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transit Mania CJ
Darth and Pierre,

thanks for your replies Smile

Quote:What is the transit situation around those condos? Where do all the condo-dwellers go to work? Can you show us a traffic picture of the area?

Actually, this area is quite Representative of the traffic flows and the overall traffic plan for the city in general .
That is , ..   there is a lot of GLR / Tram networks and stations with plenty of Ped access to them -

In this image i selected,
I took a volume view of the tram traffic densities  ( in the area), + some of the traffic flows that derive from one of the more heavier traveled tram lines-

[Image: takRW.jpg]
Sports fanatic
Thanks given by: Guardian
Thanks for the picture. It is quite informative. There is still a great margin for growth of the tram line where you took the measurement. Also, I like the concept of the car-less city, if I am correct this is not the first time you implement it, and you are becoming an expert on the subject.
Thanks given by:
Pierre,

thanks for your reply Smile

Quote:Also, I like the concept of the car-less city, if I am correct this is not the first time you implement it, and you are becoming an expert on the subject.

Well its not totally car - less. Just the CBD is..

But yes even in a city - wide sense the overall emphasis I think is more on the tram networks than the road systems. For instance , there are very few highways in the city ( in fact i think so far just 1 , rhw-2 network ).. And also I think this is the least reliance i have placed on the road + highway systems for transit of any cities I have ever built Smile..

Here is the area again ( although slightly a more western view, more toward the inlet areas)..
So here you can see the street bridges are being used by cars , but also still with a combinations of Peds walking to (most likely the tram stations)-

[Image: kZnpw.jpg]
Sports fanatic
Thanks given by: