Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transit Mania CJ
Nice update and good information, Brian, thanks! Since I don't use farms in my cities, I wasn't aware that some them give the information about the total number of farming tiles, which must in fact reside in a counter somewhere in the game. The level of detail information kept by the game continues to amaze me. At the time it came out it was a real masterpiece.
Thanks given by:
My city is no rapidly transitioning from rural farming to urbanization..

Population over 90,000  now..

Here is already the second Condo that has grown - amongst the quiet farming areas..

[Image: pbhsq.jpg]
Sports fanatic
Thanks given by:
geez 90 thousand in 178 years? that's actually rather slow. well slow for america anyway.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
178 years of city developement is probably necessary to reach the Growth Stage at which condos like the one shown in the pic, growing "in the potato fields", can be placed by the game. Actually that whole mechanism of Growth Stages, including when does the game move from one stage to the next one, and what can grow at what stage, remains obscure to me, in spite of all the doc about it.
Thanks given by:
it just seems sorta slow compared to real life where that much growth can happen in 10 to 50 years compared to 170+
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
Tibi has been working with me to understand how to use the Pedestrian stairs pieces in the Flup menu

I think we have made some good progress so far Cool

[Image: vPVtN.jpg]

[Image: aTcAV.jpg]

[Image: RZJnN.jpg]
Sports fanatic
Thanks given by:
I've always wanted to make an effort to get Pedestrian traffic to work well, and exceed vehicle use, I just never can make it worthwhile. Tongue

great flow there!
Thanks given by:
Since I have not done an update for awhile and +
I just recently passed the 200 K population mark at about 215 now Smile,
I wanted to share a zoom out image of my city and identifies the 7 park central condos that have grown so far,,

Also so far traffic has been still very good so far , with the main  GLR system i set up, is handling the main traffic arteries/ areas quite nicely to this point..
As can be seen there is still plenty of room for further development and expansion in the large expansive farm areas..

[Image: 7viF7.jpg]
Sports fanatic
Thanks given by: