Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need some iPhone advice

Hello everyone! 

So I started a new job at T-Mobile today, and well, they made me switch. AT&T wouldn't unlock my phone, so ya boy ended up with a new phone. My bill is extremely cheap. Like, unbelievably cheap. $43/month for unlimited and that includes a brand new iPhone 8. But unfortunately if I quit, my bill goes up to 107, which is way more expensive than I can really afford. 

I have an SE that I was perfectly happy with. It was great. The screen was uncomfortably small but besides that, I was happy. And apparently I can get a 6S for $99 instead of having to finance a $700 phone if I return my new 8. 

Is it really worth it to have the 8 over the 6S? I mean, the processor is faster in the 8, but the SE (which I had before) and the 6S have the same processor and the SE was fast enough for me. So I'm considering just getting the 6S instead to avoid really having to finance $700.

What should I do? Like... seriously. Such a dilemma. I have truly fallen in love with the 8 and definitely feel like it's a good phone, but is the 6S still good enough to be worth the price drop?

Mhm. Tough choice. $43 including the phone is pretty good though, how much lower would that go if you dropped down?

Sounds hard to beat. I was my bill was that low!
I'm going to be completely honest with you darth.
the 6S is probably going to last longer than the 8.
apple's been pretty notorious for having all sorts of weird policies and apparent bugs with their latest hardware.
don't believe me? check out the following two youtube channels.
Louis Rossmann
Ipad Rehab
these two actually go into detail about both the hardware and software problems and explain the how and why.
occasionally with bouts of incredulous rants.

anyway after having tried to fix an I phone 4s myself and discovering that attempting to replace the battery would lead to the phone being bricked because apple booby trapped it to not work unless you use their "tech" software to register the new battery serial with I-OS, I ended up just buying a used one for the end user and copying their data over.
As you can imagine I've been kinda wary on newer apple products until the bugs have been worked out and decent tools have been made that are accessible to the end user.

so yeah I'd stick with the 6 because it's cheaper, probably more durable, and less likely to have unknown problems that the apple store will either not fix or kill your phone trying :\

and that's not reflecting bad on the phone it's self, apple makes great phones, and I love anything unix.
their biggest problem is of the Human Error Variety.

just my 2 GC's (Galactic Credits)
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
@Spooky, I think it's pretty well known that apple have very scandalous policies and set booby traps all over their software and hardware, that being why it would cost you £100+ to get you screen, battery or anything else replaced - even at third party repair shops.

On another argument, I personally would say go for the 8 if you can afford the deal and want to stick to an iPhone. iPhones (again scandalous) are notorious for becoming outdated fairly quick and apple drops support for early additions a lot quicker than most other companies. For example I have an iPhone 6 and I have a lot of apps that I am unable to download due to it not being available for my device version or whatever - despite being on the latest iOS. It also runs a lot slower than my friends iPhone 7 which are about the same age from new.

Just my penny worth Tongue
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
It is good to hear from someone else who also owns the 6, thank you. And Zalost, I have absolutely no doubts you are right. The 6S is probably smack dab one of the most reliable phones on the market right now, but it is a three year old phone and to keep it for two years, by the time I was done, it would be a five year old phone. There is no telling whether or not the 8 will have the same track record as of yet.

Unfortunately I am pretty much past my return period so I am stuck with it, but once I get paid with my side job, I plan on just paying it off in full. T-Mobile's network actually isn't bad at all. I am pleasantly surprised, I must say. AT&T still edged it out in terms of reliability, but the speed is unmatched with anything I have ever used before over here on T mobile.

It will be interesting selling phones for a living now. But on the bright side at least it gets me out of the restaurant.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Every time there's an update, something new goes wrong with my phone.

I have an iPhone 6.

Right now, it drains from 100% to 20% within an hour of use. Randomly decides to not charge. Will freeze and lock up occasionally. Will randomly disconnect from WiFi and cell service, and will sometimes forget my call history.

Never buying an Apple product again.
@ Guardian: too bad there isn't custom Firmware for it huh? lol
(August 3rd, 2018 at 11:56 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @ Guardian: too bad there isn't custom Firmware for it huh? lol

That's just a lot of work. Tongue

I'm not great with phones. If it were a computer it would have already been wiped.
My home button decided to stop working last night (Genuine button unlike iPhone 7). I also got my screen replaced the other week and the bottom half of it is really dodgy - the repair shop have said they will replace it free of charge however. Again iPhone 6.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
the IPhone 6 is notorious for all sorts of hardware problems, but there's still better support for it than the latest stuff... you know about apple being unable to repair/service the new imac pro right? lol.

#bendgate.

yeah... don't put it in your back pocket (wtf?)
and definitely avoid a cheap case if you can lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPhone 12 Darth-Apple 6 2,646 August 29th, 2021 at 1:39 AM
Last Post: s3_gunzel
  iPhone vs. Android tc4me 11 6,148 June 24th, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Your iPhone probably outperforms your computer. Darth-Apple 2 3,009 June 7th, 2019 at 5:04 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Need some networking help (@Zalost Maybe) :P Darth-Apple 2 2,550 January 1st, 2019 at 1:40 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost