Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3D printing and printers

didn't see a thread for this one yet, thought i'd make one.

anyone here used a 3D printer or 3D printing service before?

I did recently when my headphone's broke... they were $50 Logitech headphones but they cheeped out on the ear cover clips... luckily it was a very common problem with this particular model so I was actually able to order a pair of 3D printed replacements, so far so good they actually have superior structural integrity to when I bought them!  Big Grin

I've seen some of the crazy stuff people can do with a 3D printer but I've never had the need to actually go buy one for myself... still for a first experience with them It wen't really well.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I want one, just don't want to pay the cost. Much better construction for many things! So much fewer seams!
you know one thing I've been thinking about as far as 3D printers go is... If I had one I'd probably start printing some of the awesome buildings made by everybody as actual physical models and paint them Tongue
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(June 22nd, 2018 at 8:29 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: you know one thing I've been thinking about as far as 3D printers go is... If I had one I'd probably start printing some of the awesome buildings made by everybody as actual physical models and paint them Tongue

That would be cool. One helluva model town!