Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Server software was updated. Please report bugs

Hey guys! 

As you may or may not know, we manage our own server for MS to give us the absolute best flexibility possible for the website. It's part of why our uptime and site performance is always top notch! 

The downside is that every now and then a little downtime is needed to upgrade the actual software on the server, for security and stability reasons. I just performed one such upgrade and completely upgraded the operating system and server software, and also updated MyBB to the latest release. The downtime was pretty minimal, but rest assured we are back online! If there are any bugs, please let me know. I fully expect that (as always) there will be a few broken templates with the MyBB upgrade. We will fix them as we discover them.

Also, we just slashed right through 14K as a community in our postcount. Congratulations everyone, and cheers to reaching 15K! 

Regards, 
-Darth

EDIT: Also, how does the site perform for you guys? I'm within about 500 miles of our server (which is located in Atlanta, GA) and it performs great for me. For our overseas members, any feedback would be much appreciated! I'd be interested in seeing how the performance of our website is for you guys as well.

Good stuff Darth! Thanks!

Still blazing fast for me! Cool
Good to hear, thanks for the update!

As for performance, I have absolutely no issues on makestation and my internet is pretty crappy, my internet sometimes struggles on sites like MyBB.com but I’ve never noticed anything here.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
Seems stable Tongue
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I’m glad to hear everything is still working smoothly!

We are going to resume some site related work on our new responsive theme in the next few weeks. It was out on hold due to me working three jobs at once, but my schedule has been sorting itself out at last. Expect good things to come related to how the site works on mobile devices in the next month or so!

Thanks to some of Harry K.’s suggestions I think we may have less work set out for us than originally expected as well. As always, thank you Harry K!

I am trying to get into the Image Hosting facility of Makestation. Brian supplied me with the proper link. However, my email and password are not recognized and I get the message "Sorry, no account exists with this email and password" when trying to log in into that facility. Thanks in advance for helping with this.
i couldnt log into acct on main page just happened today. i had to click on where it says forum team bottem of page , click a team's email, the page went to "you are not logged in, please log in" and from there i was able to log in.

the message received first log in attempt:

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
I wanted to report an issue with the thumbs rating / reputation  button

it does not give any new rep points + it causes you to lose the right scroll bar in the browser and so you have no choice but to close the tab and restart a new tab again in the browser,

thanks brian
Sports fanatic
^ Confirmed.

Simple fix, add to global.css:
Code:
.blocker {
   position: fixed;
   top: 0;
   right: 0;
   bottom: 0;
   left: 0;
   width: 100%;