Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ASUS Project Precog

has anyone seen or heard anything about this yet?

it's a laptop from Asus that's basically 2 touch screens on a hinge.

this thing is insanely advanced, like... sci-fi advanced... and so cyberpunk Big Grin

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Sweet! That looks awesome. As long as they keyboard isn't sketchy to use, I would love one.

It looks beautiful.
from the video it sounds like ASUS has a plan to solve that... I know my ASUS Zenfone is a joy to use... when I finally get around to replacing the battery, it was my first smartphone but I replaced it a couple years ago, been fixing it up though since I've been using a cheapo one since my replacement got smashed lol.
Good to hear. I think that and applicability to everyday tasks is what has slowed acceptance. Though, once you design the capability, people will develop applications to utilize it.
guardian: I'm far more interested in how I might combine it with raspi 3's as remote override devices... because then that dual screen tablet/laptop thing becomes just short of a cyberdeck from shadowrun Big Grin
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:30 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian: I'm far more interested in how I might combine it with raspi 3's as remote override devices... because then that dual screen tablet/laptop thing becomes just short of a cyberdeck from shadowrun Big Grin

Tongue You would go there. 

Hey, just another step to bring it to a mainstream reality.
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:42 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 10th, 2018 at 4:30 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: guardian: I'm far more interested in how I might combine it with raspi 3's as remote override devices... because then that dual screen tablet/laptop thing becomes just short of a cyberdeck from shadowrun Big Grin

Tongue You would go there. 

Hey, just another step to bring it to a mainstream reality.

right? lol, I'm honestly hoping this thing has either a mini display port output and a couple USB 3.0's or maybe a mini HDMI, that way you can hook an oculus up to it and then it's really just a cyberdeck rofl.
Man that looks awesome! I want one!! I agree, as long as the keyboard isn't sketchy.. Would be more used for a browsing/streaming experience rather than production I guess. Excited to see what ASUS bring from this. Big Grin
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
I can only imagine how great that would be for audio work, web design, or coding... Finna Hey, if people can get used to the sketchy keyboards on the new macbooks, hopefully it won't spell doom for this. Tongue

(June 12th, 2018 at 4:52 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I can only imagine how great that would be for audio work, web design, or coding... Finna Hey, if people can get used to the sketchy keyboards on the new macbooks, hopefully it won't spell doom for this. Tongue

see I'm more interested with how it'll interact with linux and potentially the neural interfaces that are being developed... after all who needs a keyboard when you can type with your mind? lol.

but in all seriousness ASUS seems to have a plan to deal with the keyboard typing thing, I'm not sure what it is but I look forward to how it plays out... worst comes to worst I've still got my solar powered bluetooth keyboard Big Grin
I feel like I would brush my hand against a lot of (touch sensitive..) keys when typing. Sad I do with a normal keyboard, you never just hit the one your going for and the tips of your fingers brush over the tops of the keys, seriously interested how and if they go forward with this. Big Grin
(June 12th, 2018 at 7:51 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I feel like I would brush my hand against a lot of (touch sensitive..) keys when typing. Sad I do with a normal keyboard, you never just hit the one your going for and the tips of your fingers brush over the tops of the keys, seriously interested how and if they go forward with this. Big Grin

you mean you don't just rest your fingers over the home row and move to the keys without touching them until you press them?  (not sure how else to explain how I type since I use a hybrid of touch typing and pecking).
(June 12th, 2018 at 11:10 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 7:51 AM)Harry K. Wrote: I feel like I would brush my hand against a lot of (touch sensitive..) keys when typing. Sad I do with a normal keyboard, you never just hit the one your going for and the tips of your fingers brush over the tops of the keys, seriously interested how and if they go forward with this. Big Grin

you mean you don't just rest your fingers over the home row and move to the keys without touching them until you press them?  (not sure how else to explain how I type since I use a hybrid of touch typing and pecking).

Well yeah I do tbf, usually have my left hand resting on w/a/s/d and right hand around o/p, and i was trying to say as I move I'd brush the other keys, but without actually activating it, but the "touch pad" would activate, which would kinda wind me up. Tongue And if I wanted to rest my hand on w/a/s/d it would just constantly be typingwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwadwa
Lol Finna

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i just got a new tablet -asus zenpad 8.0 VSS 1 3,621 August 5th, 2018 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost