Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Internet Speed Test

I'm very surprised that cell service seems to be doing fine too. I suppose more people are home and are out less, which might have something to do with it, but mine is working great.

And with Fiber, a lot of it is very new infrastructure, but it depends on where you're at. Some of the main lines are probably very old. I know my apartment has a very new one, but that is so area-dependent. I didn't really think of old infrastructure in terms of backing lines. A line is only as fast as its slowest link, I suppose.

[Image: 9169646366.png]

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
My speeds appear to be affected as well:
[Image: 9170806669.png]
Though, I have an open VPN connection to work. Not sure if that's causing any difference.
You guys are blazing fast compared to me. I can't play a youtube video even. Finna

Looks like it's bottlenecked. We've reached a verdict. Huh

[Image: 9418870690.png]

naja geht so  Undecided

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[Image: EIuN2ir.png]

my latest one Tongue
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Interesting to see my current results with old ones. I'm getting better internet "out in the country" than I did around DC. Crazy.

[Image: b4xsb6g.png] https://imgur.com/b4xsb6g[/i
(December 22nd, 2022 at 12:15 AM)Guardian Wrote: Interesting to see my current results with old ones. I'm getting better internet "out in the country" than I did around DC. Crazy.

[Image: b4xsb6g.png] https://imgur.com/b4xsb6g[/i

I suspect a lot of this is because the gov is pushing ISPs to start upping their bandwidth as part of the new broadband initiative it's pushing alongside the large number of municipal fiber options popping up.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(December 22nd, 2022 at 1:42 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I suspect a lot of this is because the gov is pushing ISPs to start upping their bandwidth as part of the new broadband initiative it's pushing alongside the large number of municipal fiber options popping up.

Whatever it is, I'll take it. We did have a statewide ballot initiative to allow municipalities to spend leftover COVID relief dollars on high-bandwidth infrastructure. So its happening.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How fast is your download speed? Darth-Apple 25 29,954 June 7th, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple