Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Guardian's Soccer/Futbol Results

Alright, as discussed in another thread, I'm going to post a results thread for my soccer games.

I am in an indoor, co-ed, recreational soccer league. I play GK for my team. Keep in mind, this is indoor, so the fields are smaller and action is more fast-paced. Hence, the crazy scores. I'm also 5'5 so I'm much shorter than your average GK.

Game last night was 2nd game of the season, we were down 4-1 at halftime, and down 7-3 with 11 minutes to go. Needless the say, we won 10-7. My team went on a tear to for the comeback victory. I was impressed.

First game: We lost 2-8. Yeah.... 

Ask questions, make fun of the midget GK, or feel free to share your own experiences.  Cool
Wow 7 goals in 11 minutes is pretty impressive small pitch or not! Congratz. Do you have a league table?
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(June 3rd, 2018 at 6:33 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Wow 7 goals in 11 minutes is pretty impressive small pitch or not! Congratz. Do you have a league table?

It is, especially with my team. We usually have very little offense. Everyone loves making crosses. usually to empty field. Undecided

This game they just pulled it together I guess. I hope it continues.

We do, we're sitting 6th out of 13 teams right now. I guess I will post our table standing after each week completes too. 

The 5th through 8th teams all have 3 points each, but the lowest two have goal differentials of -13 and -14. Ours is just -3. 5th team is +1. 

The top team overall has a +28 goal differential.  Confused
Oh wow that top team is smashing it Tongue Not bad positioning for you overall though! Good luck with the rest of the games I'll be rooting for you Tongue
(June 3rd, 2018 at 8:21 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Oh wow that top team is smashing it Tongue Not bad positioning for you overall though! Good luck with the rest of the games I'll be rooting for you Tongue

Thanks man, but we'll probably crack eventually. We usually do. Tongue
3rd game of the season was last night:

We were up 6-0 at halftime, then the team slacked up a bit (including me) and we only won 9-4.

I did have some pretty crazy saves, but they had to make up for one that was completely my fault. Right down the middle, on the ground, I was right in front of it and somehow it rolled right off my leg.... terrible.

Overall, it was a solid game on our part, with just a few slipups (not to mention the team letting off the gas at the end).

Will post updated table on Friday after the rest of the weeks games are played.
ya this a typical amount of goals scored in indoor soccer..
I played a fair amount of it, but "back in the day" Smile
Sports fanatic
Still a decent win their Guardian! Keep it up Big Grin How far on in the season are you?
(June 7th, 2018 at 9:14 AM)Harry K. Wrote: Still a decent win their Guardian! Keep it up Big Grin How far on in the season are you?

3 games out of 7, so just shy of halfway. We are guaranteed a consolation game if we don't make the playoffs, so it's essentially 8 games.
After all of the week's games have been played, we remain in 5th place in the standings.

1st place: 9 points.
2nd-6th: 6 points each. GD ranges from +25 to -13 (we are +2)
7th-8th: 4 points each.
9th-10th: 3 points each.
11th-13th: 0 points.
Still in pretty good positioning then for half way through the season! Keep it up dude Big Grin Need to try boost that goal difference Tongue
(June 12th, 2018 at 5:06 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Still in pretty good positioning then for half way through the season! Keep it up dude Big Grin Need to try boost that goal difference Tongue

Thanks man. Next game is on Thursday so we shall see.

The biggest problem we have is the team that supposed to get promoted to the next up division just so happens to dissolve at season's end and reform into a new team EVERY season. There is essentially three teams of ringers that just destroy the rest of the league. The winner essentially changes names and continues on as normal. I've only seen the top team actually move up a few times. The league director hasn't done anything about it either.  Undecided

So, the GDs are always hard to keep in the positive.
(June 12th, 2018 at 11:17 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 12th, 2018 at 5:06 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Still in pretty good positioning then for half way through the season! Keep it up dude Big Grin Need to try boost that goal difference Tongue

Thanks man. Next game is on Thursday so we shall see.

The biggest problem we have is the team that supposed to get promoted to the next up division just so happens to dissolve at season's end and reform into a new team EVERY season. There is essentially three teams of ringers that just destroy the rest of the league. The winner essentially changes names and continues on as normal. I've only seen the top team actually move up a few times. The league director hasn't done anything about it either.  Undecided

So, the GDs are always hard to keep in the positive.

That's really weird, why do they do that? Wouldn't they want to go into the league above and move up in the ranks? Tongue Yeah that would really annoy me, just gotta make sure you show them how to play football/soccer Wink Tongue
(June 13th, 2018 at 8:00 AM)Harry K. Wrote: That's really weird, why do they do that? Wouldn't they want to go into the league above and move up in the ranks? Tongue Yeah that would really annoy me, just gotta make sure you show them how to play football/soccer Wink Tongue

The current generation of Americans are absolutely terrified of real competition. Our forefathers would be ashamed. Another reason MLS won't introduce Pro/Rel, the current teams are terrified to actually have to compete on a daily basis.

Modern Americans are weak, feeding off the spoils of our ancestors. We are the Roman Empire, and we will fall.

I got a little carried away.....
Ha. That's really weird though. Never really heard of that sort of thing over here.
We played the 7th place team... and lost 13-1. Undecided

We had no subs, and their whole team was 18-20 (we're all 30+ now). It was only 4-0 a halftime, but my team gave up quickly after that and I was left with 2v1 situations the rest of the game.

Hopefully we'll bounce back.

We have now dropped to 7th with a GD of -10.
Oh dear, that's not good. Can't blame yourself if each player had 10 or more years on you all. Tongue Unfortunate your team gave up, I'ts annoying when there are unbalances like that which end up in unfair advantages as it makes the game less worth it, hopefully not lost all hope.
Yeah, it kills me. It's usually what happens when we lose. Our collective stamina is rather poor. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone watch football/soccer? Martin 10 13,578 February 7th, 2019 at 1:01 AM
Last Post: Altair