Poll: Logo design - Inkscape or Gimp?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Inkscape
0%
0 0%
GIMP
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logo design - Inkscape or Gimp?

Both are popular graphics design utilities with a different purpose. The GIMP is an all in one suite designed to suit many purposes, where Inkscape is particularly suited for logo design, but may not have some of the features of the GIMP.

So for logo design purposes, which do you prefer?

Ah, accidentally voted wrong. Inkscape.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I agree, Inkscape seems to do the job well when it comes to logo design.

(June 17th, 2013 at 6:15 PM)t3haco link Wrote: Ah, accidentally voted wrong. Inkscape.

I've now set it to allow users to change their votes.

Inkscape for me too.
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
I actually use both in combination.
Inkscape for graphics scaling and whatnot, gimp for effects and layering and stuff.

when working on a project using both it's really very powerful and the outcome is a beautiful logo that fits all screen sizes.

plus inkscape is great for upscaling and resizing images without image distortion or pixelation issues.
I think it's fair I add a couple more things, I use inkscape and gimp because I do my logo design and graphics work in linux, it's compatible with my wacom bamboo without issues unlike windows 8.1...

it is nice to be able to draw on the screen, in gimp, import the layers into inkscape and scale as needed to fit what I want then import/export back into gimp for the final touches and effects.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(May 14th, 2018 at 12:08 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I think it's fair I add a couple more things, I use inkscape and gimp because I do my logo design and graphics work in linux, it's compatible with my wacom bamboo without issues unlike windows 8.1...

it is nice to be able to draw on the screen, in gimp, import the layers into inkscape and scale as needed to fit what I want then import/export back into gimp for the final touches and effects.

That's an interesting combination, I like it. The best of both worlds. Big Grin

Indeed, Especially given it's cross platform, and well... Free lol.

Glory to he who creates without having to serve the corporations who so hungrily scale prices to be unreachable for the everyman.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any GIMP users? Darth-Apple 36 45,588 June 7th, 2020 at 12:27 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Gimp Brush - Help Guardian 4 7,442 June 22nd, 2018 at 8:50 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost