Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Google Glass

Google Glass is a system that is displayed with a head mount. At first, I thought this was an old April Fools joke, but it turns out this is real. I wonder what Makestation thinks of it?
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I don't really know much about the project, but at first glance it seems pretty interesting to me. Big Grin

Surprising, Micro$oft hasn't taken on something like this. Or any of google's futuristic projects (think the auto pilot car, etc).
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Google spends quite a bit of time working on new projects, which I believe is a huge factor in their success. If only more companies followed that model as well haha. Tongue

I saw a story a while back that an IT guy at Ball State University (a college in Indiana) was chosen as one of their beta testers. Wish that was me, LOL.
I think it'd be neat to be able to beta test for something like that. I've never applied, and probably should keep more up-to-date with that stuff and try to apply for something haha. Tongue

(June 24th, 2013 at 7:43 PM)t3haco Wrote: At first, I thought this was an old April Fools joke, but it turns out this is real. I wonder what Makestation thinks of it?
I heard that Google Glass will cost consumers around the $1,500 US price range. If that's the cost, no thanks. 
I already own a smartphone and a 7-inch tablet for mobility. The only difference is that I can't wear my smartphone or tablet on my head. 

I am interested in the project, however, I'd never buy a gadget like that for $1.5K. That's just me. 

(June 24th, 2013 at 7:57 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I don't really know much about the project, but at first glance it seems pretty interesting to me. Big Grin

Take a look at the official channel for Google Glass - http://www.youtube.com/user/googleglass
You can find videos of the gadget in action.

(June 25th, 2013 at 3:02 PM)t3haco Wrote: Surprising, Micro$oft hasn't taken on something like this. Or any of google's futuristic projects (think the auto pilot car, etc).

I was really expecting someone to mention Apple, >_<

(June 25th, 2013 at 5:50 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I think it'd be neat to be able to beta test for something like that.

Same here. I just dislike that this can lead to more car accidents on the road. It's already bad with phones and how people talk with 'em while they drive. Imagine what Google Glass will be like.

Another thing that I'm not too happy about is that people with Google Glass might have the ability to record others without even knowing. I'm sure there's a camera somewhere.
(August 3rd, 2013 at 5:15 PM)Marc Wrote: I already own a smartphone and a 7-inch tablet for mobility. The only difference is that I can't wear my smartphone or tablet on my head. 

I am interested in the project, however, I'd never buy a gadget like that for $1.5K. That's just me. 
Agreed. I think it's an interesting project, but at the $1.5 K, it's just too expensive for my tastes. That's a lot of money to spend on a gadget that could go towards other purposes.

It looks neat. I want one. However, Google already picks 8,000 winners of 'Glass' contest.
It's nice but i'd be more interested to buy this:
http://www.oculusvr.com/
Oh, I'd love to have that... but my very little amounts of money could be spent on more important things Tongue
the glass is dead sadly as of a couple years ago, but the idea lives on, even intel was looking into releasing a wearable display this year so I give it maybe 2 or 3 more years before a mass market explosion of glasses type Heads up display's come out, much like VR did, and nobody expected that either Big Grin
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]