Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best forum software

What do you think is the best forum software? My personal favorite is IP.B (which is however too darn expensive). Second to that is phpBB, but Mybb with themes is awesome too.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
For paid software, I'd say IPB and Xenforo. Definitely not vBulliten haha. Tongue

For free software, I'd say MyBB.

vBulletin is... terrible. SMF seems old and clunky in a way. I like phpBB because it's more modern. myBB out of the box is terrible, but with themes, it's a whole different story. IP.B is expensive, but awesome.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
SMF is leaps and bounds ahead of vBulliten, especially considering the recent vBulliten releases. SMF can be a pain to use in some areas, but it has a lot of really nice features as well, so I like it.

myBB is still better in most areas though, as far as free software is concerned.

Desker Suite (even though it's not complete).

It's going to be a free alternative to IPB or vB, but with less clutter than vB, and not ridiculously expensive like IPB.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing the best (free) forum software solution for your website Darth-Apple 16 21,084 June 3rd, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple