Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where did you learn programming?

I learned from the new boston on youtube. He teaches basically EVERY language you can think of, and some more (wine making, chemistry...). But I know a lot of you have learned the legitimate way, by reading a book or sitting in class. So how did you learn?
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I learned primarily with experience. I usually find myself playing around with some code and exploring concepts until things start to make sense. References are also very useful. For C, "C in a nutshell" was my main reference. For PHP, w3schools was my primary reference, along with the official PHP documentation.

Experience is almost always the best teacher if you have enough patience. Big Grin

Also practice. I tried learning Cplusplus from a book without reviewing and practice, and that failed (last year). But now I'm going back over it, and now I know a fair good bit of it.

I agree. Practice definitely makes a huge difference for sure.

I've also decided for my first serious java project I'll make a plugin for bukkit involving war... and bloodshed.
:twisted:

I learned to code Java in a class, but it wasn't expansive. We did do some graphics with it. I made a very broken brick-breaker game. I learned HTML/CSS from experience and various online tutorials.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programming languages Acko 4 8,338 September 9th, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Last Post: malickk
  [Debate] Is PHP the best programming language for web design? Darth-Apple 2 5,456 June 18th, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple