Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

do you play tabletop RPG's online or offline?

what it says on the tin, is it easier to get together over skype or whatever and play them online, or do you have a group of friends you get together with every so often to play the latest campaign?

what are some of your experiences like?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I play them in real life. I've been playing Pathfinder with a group for over two years, and I've been running Pathfinder for another group for a year and a half now.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I've not heard of pathfinder, what's the setting? how does it play?
It's the revised version of DnD 3.5. People affectionally call it 3.75. It's the second best selling tabletop rpg after 5e nowadays.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
ooh cool, considering 3.5 was very popular for a time that sounds like it would be interesting.
I've only ever played once and it was online. I actually have a couple I plan to join online soon as well- a friend I made on discord invited me to an interesting one if/when it starts that involves magical girls. Another friend started setting up one based on their novel they're working on (well, the setting at least).

Honestly, I'd love to try DnD offline, I just can't find a group and can't get there myself. :/
(March 8th, 2020 at 12:09 PM)Juneberry Wrote: Honestly, I'd love to try DnD offline, I just can't find a group and can't get there myself. :/

I know that feeling well, it's hard finding an offline group these days, and I'm a bit nervous trying one of the public ones because my schedule might make it difficult to participate regularly...
(March 8th, 2020 at 1:08 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I know that feeling well, it's hard finding an offline group these days, and I'm a bit nervous trying one of the public ones because my schedule might make it difficult to participate regularly...

I'm the same with the anxiety over the schedule issue. I can't rely on my health being well on any particular day, so I can't make it to appointments easily. :/
(March 8th, 2020 at 2:03 PM)Juneberry Wrote:
(March 8th, 2020 at 1:08 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I know that feeling well, it's hard finding an offline group these days, and I'm a bit nervous trying one of the public ones because my schedule might make it difficult to participate regularly...

I'm the same with the anxiety over the schedule issue. I can't rely on my health being well on any particular day, so I can't make it to appointments easily. :/

ah what I wouldn't give to bring out my frost dwarf artificer again... firing mithril missiles, charged by pyromancers and aimed by rangers at eldrich abominations was really a fun time for a boss battle lol.

even if I did have to start it over again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what's your favorite RPG setting? SpookyZalost 10 12,587 May 23rd, 2018 at 6:44 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost