Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what's your favorite RPG setting?

there's so many RPG settings out there that there's too many to list so here are some of my favorites.

Cyberpunk 2020 is a really great game, no fantasy, just pure cyberpunk techno-horror goodness, fighting megacorps, hacking servers, and taking down the sorts of evil we new see in our daily lives, imagine donald trump as a cyborg CEO in charge of walmart, microsoft, and AT&T and you get the idea of just the sorts of people you're either working for or up against, sometimes both.

Dungeons and Dragons, a true classic from the heyday of RPG's, it's one of my most favorite if only because of the lore and grand adventures you can have, few have ever matched it and it has many many imitators.

and finally as odd as it may seem I actually really enjoy the shadowrun tabletop game, it's sort of like a good mix of the first two, heavy cybeprunk with fantasy elements thrown in.
besides when else are you going to play an ork hacker who can also rip the cybernetic limbs off an elf because he screwed your group in an effort to turn more profit?

those are my top 3.

so what are some of your favorites?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I haven't played any non-electronic RPGs in... decades. I really only played D&D, so I guess that one. Tongue
D&D is a classic though, I mean there's a reason it's still being revised and worked on even to this day right?
Pretty sure. Even making PC offshoots for it and everything.
indeed, Curse you Gygax!
The Fallout universe probably
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I wonder... is there a fallout tabletop?

because if not there really should be.
(May 21st, 2018 at 9:54 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I wonder... is there a fallout tabletop?

because if not there really should be.

That could be fun!

Don't see why they couldn't make one.
indeed, worst case there's always gurps Big Grin
(May 22nd, 2018 at 6:25 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: indeed, worst case there's always gurps Big Grin

I'd never heard of that one, interesting...
The Generic Universal RolePlaying System, or GURPS, is a tabletop role-playing game system designed to allow for play in any game setting. It was created by Steve Jackson Games and first published in 1986 at a time when most such systems were story- or genre-specific.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/

closest existing source book would be this one

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/aftertheend/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  do you play tabletop RPG's online or offline? SpookyZalost 8 8,510 March 8th, 2020 at 2:07 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost