Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

Re-posting this from space battles, I'm currently working on the latest excerpt so please bear with me.

so far it's meant to be sorta like a series of log entries and occasional exposition and storytelling from the perspective of myself if thrown into a truly wild adventure, in this case by an entity known only as hotep.

I apologize about the pacing and grammar, it's not my strong suit but I'm working on it.

INDEX:
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Abducted

******************May 25th 2020 - Earth, United states.*********************

Anthony Scott was standing on the overlook atop the continental divide looking over the glacial valley below him. He’d spent the better part of a day having driven up trail ridge road to get there and was fulfilling his grandfather’s last request. Opening the urn ashes blew out over the countryside mixing in with the terrain, it was a day that had been a long time coming when a month before the elderly man suddenly didn’t wake up one morning, shocking his longtime wife of nearly 45 years and anthony’s grandmother.

Both people climbed back into the blue honda that anthony maintained having used it as both main transportation and a test bed for various projects, the engine having long since been converted to hydrogen/electric with the assistance of his long time friend and fellow inventor Kevin. Heading back home the sun was beginning to set as they headed east back towards civilization, pulling an SD card loaded with music on it out of his satchel anthony plugs it into the radio he installed a few years back and music begins playing out of the car’s speakers, nobody saying anything, the vehicle having been loaded up with family. He was letting his grandmother drive as he really didn’t deal with death well and it had him all shaken up, still he really didn’t have much left in the way of family, his mother having traveled into town for the occasion and his uncle who was traveling hadn’t made it.

As the vehicle continued through the night he pulled out his computer slipping on the signature orange and silver display glasses that he’d setup for it, the keyboard long since having been replaced with a custom setup which housed all the components, a rather large leap over the initial model he’d come up with. All of a sudden there was a series of lights in the sky, being the adventurous person he was anthony had his family attempt to make chase, UFO’s were a common sight and chasing them was one of his personal pastimes. He pulled out a flashlight from his bag and began attempting to signal it blinking the first dozen prime numbers in an attempt to get it’s attention. Of course most of the family thought he was crazy but anthony wanted to make first contact and honestly he didn’t care if they were military aircraft or not, in the scope of the infinite universe, let alone the multiverse, there must be life out there somewhere right? Or at least that’s what he believed personally.

Suddenly the light stopped and vanished, his family pulled the car over and anthony climbed out searching the sky and noting the various constellations that the high altitude and distance from the city allowed him to see. Slowly in the distance echoing off the canyon however there was a low pulsating sound, it became louder and louder until suddenly a massive triangular pattern of lights flew over the top of a nearby mountain, coming to an immediate stop over the group huddled together. Is mother began shouting for him to get in the car, his grandmother attempting to start the engine when suddenly he was engulfed in a beam of light, the ground falling away as he was pulled into the ship hovering above him, and then in the next instant everything went black.

Awakening he found himself in what looked to be a bed, the room looking a bit different than he was used to, though not to be unexpected given what had just happened. his door unlocked as he began looking around investigating where he was at, slowly the door opened a series of gears loudly turning followed by the soft hiss of atmospheric pressure equalizing. The first thing he noticed about the place wherever he was, was the lack of lights, it was dark, very dark, but one by one lights came on as he began wandering the hallways, ignoring the voice in the back of his mind screaming at him to find cover, after all how often do you get to explore an alien structure? Suddenly he came upon a rather large door which opened like the rest he’d encountered with the same mechanical clicking sound revealing a large window and some chairs with buttons, switches, and a whole host of control surfaces.

Looking closer he was shocked to see them labeled in English of all things, not some weird writing to decipher, the other thing he noticed was the very warm look of the place, wood paneling, brass frames and gauge covers. The whole place looked like someone had taken jules vern’s Nautilus and mixed with a cross of stargate, battlestar galactica, and various other science fiction franchises he’d grown up watching, the whole thing very surreal. Then looking back to the large window he noticed something else, he was moving, and given the object he was moving past, he was moving very quickly, Jupiter visibly getting closer at a rate that told him he must have been moving at a significant percentage of the speed of light. “Shit, I actually did it, I’ve managed to get off world.” his voice echoing in the empty bridge. Shaking off the awe he was feeling the next thing to enter his mind was where the hell the crew was when suddenly a projection of some kind appeared on the bridge.

“Welcome travelers, you have been chosen to lead this fine vessel on a mission of exploration, we understand you might be in shock at your sudden abduction but don’t be alarmed, you will not be harmed, your ship is currently on course to our home world, distances may vary, but if all goes well you should arrive in approximately six years warning FTL system damaged *static* sixty years, enjoy the trip!” the hologram suddenly cut off. His mind panicking as he realized he’d be an old man and would be traveling at slower than light speeds. “Hell what have I gotten myself into?!” he voiced aloud before taking a deep breath, now was not the time to panic, he’d have to figure his own way out, looking around he found a computer terminal and began attempting to access the ship’s primary systems only to find the controls locked out. “Gods d*** it!” he screamed stomping his foot down hard on the wood like floor a soft metal clang echoing.

Anthony began heading down to main engineering to discover what the problem was, however what he’d discovered was an even bigger shock, there was a diagram displayed on the engineering console of what the main drive was supposed to look like, a large horizontal structure with energy conduits going into it, instead he found a tubular vertical structure with what looked like capacitor banks and all sorts of stuff that did not match the rest of the ship. A small note was attached to one of the consoles written on paper of all things, one again written on english for some bizarre reason, deciding to read the note he frowned. “Sorry for dropping in unannounced, thought I’d spice things up a bit, so enjoy your ship’s new engine, fyi, your adventure actually starts here, enter the following coordinates and pull the lever, oh and don’t piss off anything too powerful, we can’t have my new entertainment dying right away now can we?

- hotep

“Frack me sideways, I’ve been stranded on a ship which has had its guts ripped out and replaced with some other such nonsense." Deciding that he had nothing else to lose he entered the numbers on the computer terminal the note was attached to and pulled the large lever, the drive seeming to come to life humming with unknown energies. In an instant the world felt very wrong, the room seemed to both stretch and compress as he felt like his head was forcibly shoved up his own a** and pulled along a mobius loop inside his guts, the headache having come shortly after it all stopped. Suddenly the computer terminal displayed a message with a countdown timer labeled drive charge time remaining. “Whelp, wherever the hell I am I’m stuck here for now.” the timer was counting down with 12 hours remaining on the clock. Walking into another room he found a series of tables with strange equipment around them, the only indicator of what the room was used for was the red cross on the bulkhead above the door, the earth’s universal symbol of medicine. Another note was left on a tray with a couple pills, “sorry about that, human biology isn’t quite compatible with the transit, you’ll learn more in time, - Hotep.”

A bit more wandering took him to what looked to be some kind of dining lounge, a table and a series of chairs, some couches with windows looking out the side of the ship. There was a large indentation on the wall with a screen and some touch controls. “You’ve got to be kidding me? Is this actually what I think it is?” the screen lighting up as he walked up to it showed that yes, the device in front of him was a matter replicator of some description, having replicated some water he took the pill and sat down on a couch near the window deciding he’d try to clear his head for a bit.

**********Excerpt from the personal log of Anthony Scott - alien ship - time and date unknown, day 2.***********

I’ve been here one gods d*** day and I get screwed over by some kind of entity which refuses to communicate in anything but these stupid paper notes. The entity calls itself hotep by the way, whether that’s a joke or a reference to something I’ve no idea but suffice to say, it kinda pisses me off that my great adventure has become the comedic joke of this stupid whatever the hell it is, I did try to demand it come in person but for all my trouble I now have to clean a pile of paper off the bridge. I’ve discovered something else as well, that strange drive that’s where the ship’s FTL drive is supposed to be? It’s a multiverse hopping drive, it opens a wormhole between universes and the ship gets pulled through, not a pleasant experience let me tell you, I think that one drink from hitchhikers guide would be less painful.

***********Anthony scott personal log - Alien ship - Time unknown, day 6***********

You know if it wasn’t for Hotep I don’t think I’d be as annoyed as I am right now, the bastard actually modified the replicator so whenever I tried to make chicken noodle soup it came out covered in feathers!, Don’t don’t ask me about the fuzzy socket wrench, it works but it still feels weird without cool metal under my grip.

************* To be continued *****************

Authors note

I realize my grammar needs work but any critiques or corrections you may have would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Strange Encounters I

*********** Anthony Scott, Personal Log - Alien ship - day 12 ***************

ok, note to self, NO TIME TRAVEL, it seems the mutliversal drive has a safety feature in case of sudden spikes of energy, thank the gods but in my attempt to open a bridge to the same universe at a different time using some tweaked software I think i blew out one of the capacitors.  you see stephen hawking and the other scientists from back home were right, when you open a wormhole to a different point in time it creates a kind of feedback as the same space tries to exist in two different points in time.  Unfortunately there's a side effect because there was a massive surge of paradox causing space/time energy which nearly blew up my ship!.

I've since left that universe as the drive made a HUGE jump in an effort to burn off the cascading energy reaction from the temporal wormhole, I'm not sure where I am but until I can repair things I'm stuck here for a while.  plus I swear I heard mad laughter while that wormhole was open so I'm not trying that again as it seemed to amuse Hotep.  did I mention I've been out cold for two days recovering from the feeling of being compressed into a tiny space, spaghettified, shifted across the multiverse at unsafe speeds then returned to normal space?  because I do not want to do it again, EVER!!!!.

by the way I'm thinking about using my portable computer's time as the official ship time, I've since adjusted it to count days but of course that's going to be relative to time outside the ship because relativity... eh who cares as long as I'm not nearly killed or something again.

***********Anthony scott personal log - Alien ship - 09:15:23, day 20***********

it took me a while but I finally got everything fixed up,  the Multi-verse bridge generator or MBG as I've taken to calling it finally works as intended and without those migranes, though I still prefer to not step between verses on a full stomach.  been so busy so I've got a lot to say, firstly I think I've gotten these coordinate things down, there's XYZ spatial coordinates relative to my current location, then there's an additional X/Y coordinate system relative to my current universe which details how many universes and in what direction I want to travel.  yeah you heard me right, the multiverse is 2D, weird right?, but that should make mapping it easier, I've hopped about five times since I first awoke on the ship and hotep has been oddly silent, guess I'm only interesting when he's bored.

the second big thing to happen was why I've stuck around in this universe so long, my current coordinates are galactic center relative GCR X -25001, Y+3212, Z+ 50, MV X+20 Y+15, those last two will change of course but that's easy enough to calculate, at least until I can get some kinda Multi-verse map, however the big reason I've stuck around was the odd space/time ripples I've been getting on sensors, almost submersed within another layer by ships making tunnels.  so I've decided to go check out the hub of where these vehicles are going, even better, it seems that with some tweaking I can utilize these corridors by re-directing the MBG to a different lower energy frequency.

********* Anthony Scott Personal Log - Alien Ship "Ascension" - 15:30:09, day 26****************

took me a bit longer than I hopped but I've got it working, I was able to make a short submersion into whatever space/time these passages exist in, oddly enough if I didn't know better I'd say it looks like stargate hyperspace, but that can't be right can it?.

************* Anthony Scott Personal Log - Ascension, bridge - 20:05:19, Day 30 ******************

I'm not going back to that planet, at least not yet.  it seems I was right about that space/time looking familiar as I was traveling through it because what I saw around that planet was goa'uld pyramid ships, not sure what classes but they were huge!,  it's been a few years since I last watched stargate but not knowing what year it is on earth in this universe at this moment I decided it was best to avoid contact, luckily I'm still in the good ole milky way galaxy but depending on when I am it might be best to observe things from afar.  on the up side before I got too close some kind of defense system activated with a ship module I didn't even know was there yet, good thing my well of luck seems to run deeply because I've got a cloaking device... not knowing what universe it's from though I have no idea if they saw me but suffice to say I'm not going to take chances on my only ride home.

*************  Stargate Universe - earth relative date unkown, ship time: Day 36 - 12:32:20 ***********

the recently named Ascension was drifting past jupiter under cloak it's sensors spreading out across the star system as it scanned for any forms of technology, a couple ships seemed to be patrolling the outer system with tons of deep space tracking satellites as well as a familiar space station orbiting in low earth orbit.  "well at least I know I'm close to the year back home?"  anthony idly posited to himself, however noting the ships he decided to wait a bit and see if anything came and or left the system, better to initiate first contact not directly over star gate earth noting that their FTL program was secret last he saw on the TV series back home.

suddenly one of the ships opened a breach into hyperspace, being quick he piloted the ascension in after them remaining under cloak noting when they dropped out over a planet to leave a good distance away.  the system had two rather large moons which were perfect to hide behind and observe, the ship it's self seemed to be sitting over the planet below recharging it's hyperdrive.  figuring there was no time like the present anthony decloaked and approached from behind the moon hailing the earth ship on all frequencies.  "greetings unknown vessel, this is captain scott of the ascension, I'm on a mission of peace and exploration with an imperative to make contact with new races and would like to open a dialog with your people, please do not be alarmed."

the large earth ship raised it's shields almost immediately but did not seem to be arming it's weapons yet anthony noted that the vessel was of the BC304 class from the series.  kind of hard to forget given how often it was used in both SG1 and atlantis.  suddenly he got an incoming communication noting a response, moving quickly he pushed the blinking comms button and a 2D image appeared to generate from the holographic projectors which created the greeting message that played when he first arrived.  "Ascension this is Colonel Abraham Ellis of the USS apollo, this area is restricted, what brings you to this system?" noting the structures on the surface picked up by his scanners it seemed they had constructed a base on the surface. deciding he didn't want to start a firefight a response was quickly put together in his head, the colonel seeming to grow more irritated the longer it took him to respond.  "well to be honest? I'm a bit lost, I'd heard about the exploits of the tau'ri and recognized your vessel from descriptions I'd heard back home, but that seems to be a long ways away."  the older man seemed to look bored at that point but I was making sure not to make any aggressive gestures, I wasn't sure how well the particle beams and anti-matter torpedoes I'd discovered while repairing the ship would hold up against the large numbers of nuclear missiles that a BC304 could fire.

still that gave me a minimum year, it was at least late SG1 to late atlantis which put it around 2008 or so, still I was hoping things would turn out well given enough time

********************* TO BE CONTINUED *************************
Strange Encounters II

********************** Anthony Scott's Log - Ascension, Day 40 20:22:32 local time - SGU earth orbit - Local year 2010 *****************

so I was a bit off about the date, the atlantis city/ship was on the far side of the moon hidden from earth acting as the new global SGC, the ori had already been defeated and the biggest issues now were the rogue band of pirates and smugglers known as the lucian alliance. in other words I know most of what happened up to this point but it's all new territory for me, the excitement of the past few days was interesting to say the least. so far I'd traveled back to earth following the apollo, their commanding officer is a bit short on temper but I've been able to work with him so far, still I wanted to speak with samantha carter and Rodney mckay first since I figured if there's anyone in this entire reality who can help me, it's them. after arriving in high earth orbit with my ship cloaked, the activation of which nearly got me blown to hell since this earth has an itchy trigger finger I managed convince the people in charge that it was safe to beam over, man what I wouldn't give for a transporter, sadly the ascension did not come quipped with one, yeah, it has a replicator, but not a transporter, what's up with that?!. suffice to say there was a trade in some technologies on both sides with both colonel carter and dr mckay begrudgingly agreeing to work together to see if they couldn't find some way for me to back track my path through the multiverse. given circumstances though, some how i get the feeling that I'm going to be here a while.

********************** Anthony Scott's log - Ascension, Day 45 15:28:19 local time - SGU earth orbit - 2010 *****************************

it's been one headache after another since I let the SGC personnel onto my ship, I'm still keeping a low profile about my actual origins outside of being from another reality but what really worries me is the lack of any indications of Hotep's meddling. the last couple nights I've been struggling with insomnia wondering if he's just going to pop in or if there's something keeping him out... if there is I might have some idea about that and about his limitations, useful if you want to get an omnipotent godling off your back. it's been nice to be back on earth, albeit one from around ten years ago with some minor differences, sadly it seems my family does not exist in this universe so I won't be meeting myself anytime soon. I did however go fishing with general o'neill which was interesting to say the least, caught a 3 ft bass out on the great lakes which I've not actually visited until now, well worth the trip.

********************* Anthony Scott's log - atlantis - Brig, Day 50: 12:32:05 local time - SGU Luna/earth - 2010***************************

whelp, I screwed up, or I should say I was framed... so Hotep finally showed his big ugly head, my first clue was the sudden pickup in chaotic activity followed by a power conduit exploding on the apollo nearly taking out their FTL drive, and the earth with it. I knew I couldn't keep up this lost traveler persona for very long but at least I know now that hotep isn't all powerful given what showed up in my cell with me last night... yeah one of those ascended ancients, mostly apologizing for not keeping him on a shorter leash while he was within their purview, breaking their rules about not-interfering with mortals and all that.

still it wasn't long before a certain glasses wearing exo-archeologist/ ex-ascended and ancient cultures expert decided to pay me a visit and begin the questioning, best to fess up now I guess since I meet him in a couple hours, from what I hear Tea'lc should be coming with provided he can get away from his duties to the jaffa nation. at least they've let me keep my portable computer, not that it can do much without network access but after studying it I'm fairly certain they've determined it's not a threat... well at least until I decided to get the hell out of here, let's hope they don't keep me too long because I really don't want to try using modified GPIO connections to try and hack my way through atlantis and back onto the ascension the way I've practiced on elevator controls and various other panels... the things you can do with GPIO is astounding really.

******************* Anthony scott's log - Atlantis - brig, day 52: 10:32:05 local time - SGU Luna/earth - 2010 ******************************

shit, I think I might actually be stuck, the air force does not take kindly to people hiding things from them and now they're running all over my ship while I'm stuck here behind... well I wouldn't call them bars, more like energy shields?. anyway I've begun looking for an access panel, something I could use to escape my prison but I get the feeling the designers were far more competent than the show gave them credit for. still I'm hoping they'll let me out soon because I really should be moving on if hotep is causing the local higher-powers that be more problems than I'm worth protecting because otherwise there might be an issue.

****************** atlantis - SGU Luna/Earth ****************************

daniel jackson was still in a meeting trying to for the umpteenth time explain that the person they had imprisoned was innocent when there was a sudden power outage across the city/ship, it only lasted for a brief moment but events such as this were so rare and this one was so controlled that something seemed off, especially since there was no emergency lighting or alarms to accompany it. troops were doing manned sweeps of the city with a small team led by Lt Colonel Sheppard racing to the brig to check on their "guest". Daniel already knew the outcome of that one, the man who approached them peacefully was not much more advanced than they were technologically but he seemed to know a lot more about them than they knew about him and that seemed to not sit right with anyone him.

suddenly he spotted the man who was supposed to be behind a shield barrier, he was standing at the control panel to one of the atlantis's city wide transporter with a cluster of wires going into the bag which he said contained a computer of his own design. the odd part was the glasses he was wearing with wires going into the bag, they seemed to shield only part of his vision but he was completely focused while he typed away one handed on a keyboard that looked like something from ten years ago. the door opened and he stepped in with dr jackson racing after him barely making it before the door closed and tackling the strange man to the ground before they were moved across atlantis to one of the auxiliary jumper bays.

the man known as Anthony scott got up and dusted himself off briefly checking for damage to his equipment. "look doctor jackson I'm not here to cause any trouble alright? it was your people who decided to lock me away for doing nothing, an act I might add which is unconstitutional by your government" he'd added a harsh tone to that last bit to make it clear he was not going to put up with any games. "you don't understand, we just want to understand why you attacked our ship." the doctor countered. "for the last time, I did not attack the apollo, I've told you everything I know on the matter, I've been harassed from universe to universe by what you would call an ascended being who calls himself hotep!, Hell I don't even know what he looks like, he communicates by notes!". that didn't seem to phase jackson though who grabbed anthony scott by the shoulder attempting to keep him from getting way when suddenly the lights flashed and a closet's worth of various weapons appeared inside the transporter they had just occupied. the man raced towards it and grabbed a goa'uld staff weapon briefly testing it's weight and spinning it with skill showing he'd had some form of combat training. "now do we really have to keep this up or can I get out of here?" suddenly a burst of light shot across the room as Lt Colonel Sheppard and his team began firing on the man.

Oddly enough the weapon Ronin Dex carried seemed to just miss as anthony scott dodged with rolls and swift movement, his feet seemingly sliding like the floor was made of ice, the staff spinning as he got closer to his attackers. "I really did not want to fight you guys!" he shouted dodging as quickly as he could, it was obvious Ronin wasn’t trying to hit him "Daniel kept an eye on what was going on while going for the zat in the closet hoping to stun their "lost" opponent, suddenly a random shot from Ronin's gun hit the weapons in the closet causing a number of batteries to explode slagging the whole lot. taking advantage of the distraction anthony raced into one of the jumpers and began pushing buttons on the control panel until it closed, Sheppard paused with a smirk on his face since he knew that without the ancient gene that ship would never fly, or at least that's what he thought. without warning the ship's engines came on and the jumper began to lift unsteadily into the air as the man inside was pushing random buttons on the control panel, a keyboard across the screen and wires running from his bag to one of the side panels of the ship. the jumper turned to face the shocked people in the room before cloaking and seemingly remaining that way for a while.

************ Anthony Scott’s Log – day 56 – 08:32:57 local time, Ascension - SGU – Sol System ************

alright I think I’ve gotten my point across however I really hated causing so much of a fuss with them, I’m just glad to be back on my ship and not in that hard cell aboard atlantis. So far this whole trip has been one screw up after another and I really did not like even taking a chance of fighting anyone from sg1, my combat training is incomplete to say the least but it was enough to keep them off balance so I could get into a better position. Plus I have the ancient gene! Who knew? Woo! Maybe that’s why I’m so technologically talented, but then again I’m not even from a universe with ancients… at least to my knowledge, so who knows how it got there. I’m going to get some rest, in the mean time I’ve set the ascension on a course towards the outer planets for now, I’m going to put some distance between myself and earth until I can come up with a way to either smooth things over or put the knowledge that mcKay and carter came up with to use.

*A/N: sorry again about the grammar and pacing, this came to me last night and I just had to get it down before I forgot it. critiques and corrections welcome!
Strange allies - unwanted enemies

********************** Anthony Scott's Log - Ascension, Day 40 20:22:32 local time - SGU earth orbit - Local year 2010 *****************

so I was a bit off about the date, the atlantis city/ship was on the far side of the moon hidden from earth acting as the new global SGC, the ori had already been defeated and the biggest issues now were the rogue band of pirates and smugglers known as the lucian alliance. in other words I know most of what happened up to this point but it's all new territory for me, the excitement of the past few days was interesting to say the least. so far I'd traveled back to earth following the apollo, their commanding officer is a bit short on temper but I've been able to work with him so far, still I wanted to speak with samantha carter and Rodney mckay first since I figured if there's anyone in this entire reality who can help me, it's them. after arriving in high earth orbit with my ship cloaked, the activation of which nearly got me blown to hell since this earth has an itchy trigger finger I managed convince the people in charge that it was safe to beam over, man what I wouldn't give for a transporter, sadly the ascension did not come quipped with one, yeah, it has a replicator, but not a transporter, what's up with that?!. suffice to say there was a trade in some technologies on both sides with both colonel carter and dr mckay begrudgingly agreeing to work together to see if they couldn't find some way for me to back track my path through the multiverse. given circumstances though, some how i get the feeling that I'm going to be here a while.

********************** Anthony Scott's log - Ascension, Day 45 15:28:19 local time - SGU earth orbit - 2010 *****************************

it's been one headache after another since I let the SGC personnel onto my ship, I'm still keeping a low profile about my actual origins outside of being from another reality but what really worries me is the lack of any indications of Hotep's meddling. the last couple nights I've been struggling with insomnia wondering if he's just going to pop in or if there's something keeping him out... if there is I might have some idea about that and about his limitations, useful if you want to get an omnipotent godling off your back. it's been nice to be back on earth, albeit one from around ten years ago with some minor differences, sadly it seems my family does not exist in this universe so I won't be meeting myself anytime soon. I did however go fishing with general o'neill which was interesting to say the least, caught a 3 ft bass out on the great lakes which I've not actually visited until now, well worth the trip.

********************* Anthony Scott's log - atlantis - Brig, Day 50: 12:32:05 local time - SGU Luna/earth - 2010***************************

whelp, I screwed up, or I should say I was framed... so Hotep finally showed his big ugly head, my first clue was the sudden pickup in chaotic activity followed by a power conduit exploding on the apollo nearly taking out their FTL drive, and the earth with it. I knew I couldn't keep up this lost traveler persona for very long but at least I know now that hotep isn't all powerful given what showed up in my cell with me last night... yeah one of those ascended ancients, mostly apologizing for not keeping him on a shorter leash while he was within their purview, breaking their rules about not-interfering with mortals and all that.

still it wasn't long before a certain glasses wearing exo-archeologist/ ex-ascended and ancient cultures expert decided to pay me a visit and begin the questioning, best to fess up now I guess since I meet him in a couple hours, from what I hear Tea'lc should be coming with provided he can get away from his duties to the jaffa nation. at least they've let me keep my portable computer, not that it can do much without network access but after studying it I'm fairly certain they've determined it's not a threat... well at least until I decided to get the hell out of here, let's hope they don't keep me too long because I really don't want to try using modified GPIO connections to try and hack my way through atlantis and back onto the ascension the way I've practiced on elevator controls and various other panels... the things you can do with GPIO is astounding really.

******************* Anthony scott's log - Atlantis - brig, day 52: 10:32:05 local time - SGU Luna/earth - 2010 ******************************

shit, I think I might actually be stuck, the air force does not take kindly to people hiding things from them and now they're running all over my ship while I'm stuck here behind... well I wouldn't call them bars, more like energy shields?. anyway I've begun looking for an access panel, something I could use to escape my prison but I get the feeling the designers were far more competent than the show gave them credit for. still I'm hoping they'll let me out soon because I really should be moving on if hotep is causing the local higher-powers that be more problems than I'm worth protecting because otherwise there might be an issue.

****************** atlantis - SGU Luna/Earth ****************************

daniel jackson was still in a meeting trying to for the umpteenth time explain that the person they had imprisoned was innocent when there was a sudden power outage across the city/ship, it only lasted for a brief moment but events such as this were so rare and this one was so controlled that something seemed off, especially since there was no emergency lighting or alarms to accompany it. troops were doing manned sweeps of the city with a small team led by Lt Colonel Sheppard racing to the brig to check on their "guest". Daniel already knew the outcome of that one, the man who approached them peacefully was not much more advanced than they were technologically but he seemed to know a lot more about them than they knew about him and that seemed to not sit right with anyone him.

suddenly he spotted the man who was supposed to be behind a shield barrier, he was standing at the control panel to one of the atlantis's city wide transporter with a cluster of wires going into the bag which he said contained a computer of his own design. the odd part was the glasses he was wearing with wires going into the bag, they seemed to shield only part of his vision but he was completely focused while he typed away one handed on a keyboard that looked like something from ten years ago. the door opened and he stepped in with dr jackson racing after him barely making it before the door closed and tackling the strange man to the ground before they were moved across atlantis to one of the auxiliary jumper bays.

the man known as Anthony scott got up and dusted himself off briefly checking for damage to his equipment. "look doctor jackson I'm not here to cause any trouble alright? it was your people who decided to lock me away for doing nothing, an act I might add which is unconstitutional by your government" he'd added a harsh tone to that last bit to make it clear he was not going to put up with any games. "you don't understand, we just want to understand why you attacked our ship." the doctor countered. "for the last time, I did not attack the apollo, I've told you everything I know on the matter, I've been harassed from universe to universe by what you would call an ascended being who calls himself hotep!, Hell I don't even know what he looks like, he communicates by notes!". that didn't seem to phase jackson though who grabbed anthony scott by the shoulder attempting to keep him from getting way when suddenly the lights flashed and a closet's worth of various weapons appeared inside the transporter they had just occupied. the man raced towards it and grabbed a goa'uld staff weapon briefly testing it's weight and spinning it with skill showing he'd had some form of combat training. "now do we really have to keep this up or can I get out of here?" suddenly a burst of light shot across the room as Lt Colonel Sheppard and his team began firing on the man.

Oddly enough the weapon Ronin Dex carried seemed to just miss as anthony scott dodged with rolls and swift movement, his feet seemingly sliding like the floor was made of ice, the staff spinning as he got closer to his attackers. "I really did not want to fight you guys!" he shouted dodging as quickly as he could, it was obvious Ronin wasn’t trying to hit him "Daniel kept an eye on what was going on while going for the zat in the closet hoping to stun their "lost" opponent, suddenly a random shot from Ronin's gun hit the weapons in the closet causing a number of batteries to explode slagging the whole lot. taking advantage of the distraction anthony raced into one of the jumpers and began pushing buttons on the control panel until it closed, Sheppard paused with a smirk on his face since he knew that without the ancient gene that ship would never fly, or at least that's what he thought. without warning the ship's engines came on and the jumper began to lift unsteadily into the air as the man inside was pushing random buttons on the control panel, a keyboard across the screen and wires running from his bag to one of the side panels of the ship. the jumper turned to face the shocked people in the room before cloaking and seemingly remaining that way for a while.

************ Anthony Scott’s Log – day 56 – 08:32:57 local time, Ascension - SGU – Sol System ************

alright I think I’ve gotten my point across however I really hated causing so much of a fuss with them, I’m just glad to be back on my ship and not in that hard cell aboard atlantis. So far this whole trip has been one screw up after another and I really did not like even taking a chance of fighting anyone from sg1, my combat training is incomplete to say the least but it was enough to keep them off balance so I could get into a better position. Plus I have the ancient gene! Who knew? Woo! Maybe that’s why I’m so technologically talented, but then again I’m not even from a universe with ancients… at least to my knowledge, so who knows how it got there. I’m going to get some rest, in the mean time I’ve set the ascension on a course towards the outer planets for now, I’m going to put some distance between myself and earth until I can come up with a way to either smooth things over or put the knowledge that mcKay and carter came up with to use.

*A/N: sorry again about the grammar and pacing, this came to me last night and I just had to get it down before I forgot it. critiques and corrections welcome!
What's left behind

***************Anthony Scott's Log - Day 58 - 10:25:12 local time - Ascension - SGU - Sol system *******************

so bit of an odd thing happened on my way out of the sol system, I started picking up a faint radiation signature out past the Kuiper Belt about a one hundred and ten Au from earth so I went to check it out hoping that it was what I hope it is, now here I am cloaked and about a dozen Kilometers from voyager one, the distance putting me around 2011 to 2013 or so in universe, provided nothing else helped the "little" probe along. it's weird really, I've seen it in images and even seen a replica in the Smithsonian back home in my universe but seeing it out here like this is something else, the odds of stumbling across it are, if you will forgive the pun, Astronomical! still the question remains what should I do with it, should I leave it be, should I fix it up, or should I take it and deal with the consequences later, tough decisions, let's just hope I don't piss off the wrong people by temporally making nasa panic.

************** Anthony Scott's Log - Day 65 - 22:35:15 local time - Ascension - SGU - Sol system *******************

it's been a week since I stumbled across the voyager one spacecraft while trying to make my way far from the star gate humans homeworld and honestly it was a touch decision to make but I decided it was best to let it continue on with it's mission. however I also decided that I wouldn't let it go without making a few tweaks and upgrades which it sorely needs. so bringing up schematics I snagged off the internet from my short time in orbit of SGU earth I began going over the different systems and finding where I could make some changes and tweaks to keep this abandoned child of man going another century or two until someone else comes along.

for starters I've decided to overhaul the power system with something a bit better than an RTG, the trick being keeping the voltage low enough to avoid frying the fragile but sturdy systems that have held up for nearly forty years. after that it's a bit of a software patch, some repairs/restoration on the motors and gears and finally I'm going to leave a relay dish here to help enhance the signal going back to earth. nothing too fancy compared to what I have at my disposal but I don't want to ruin what is arguably one of the most important artifacts of mankind, in ANY universe. here's hoping I don't end up with a BC304 breathing down my kneck when I bring this sucker into my cargo bay and nasa loses their signal right at the edge of the solar system.

************* Anthony Scott's Log - Day 70 - 19:15:00 local time - Ascension - SGU - Sol system ********************

well that was fun, there's a huge coverup going on back on earth and I may or may not have fed false readings before the probe "Vanished" for a few days indicating a large object emitting unknown radiation swallowing the probe whole, the best part was when they decided to risk everything and turn on the camera only to find the stars vanishing as something huge and black seemed to fill up the image and then static, no signal. teach them to detain me for something that wasn't my fault. From what I gathered having listened into the internet back on earth there's a conspiracy theory that aliens ate the voyager space probe, however mostly nobody believes that with nasa indicating they were having technical issues.

As of 10:22 hours this morning I completed my repairs and power supply replacement and set her back on her original course having instructed the spacecraft to send all info back to the relay I placed nearby and send a message back home to make it look like it was a prank setup by the original programmers of the voyager space probe. I'm sure nasa is scratching their heads right now because when it finally came back online it sent a transmission with one simple phrase "goodbye, and thanks for all the fish." after that I decided to get a move on and opened a local jump to a system I remember from the series as having a battle take place, maybe I can scavenge some gear and do a bit of trading before seeing what lies in the next universe.
Thanks for your continued efforts in here..
Dang, good stuff. This is going to take a minute to get through. Tongue
Dark Frontiers

Anthony Scotts Log
, Day 90, 22:15:10 ship time - Ascension, bridge - universe: Trek, assimilated*************

I don't know what I was expecting when I stumbled across this universe but this is not what I was hoping for... everything is just wrong, the history seems the same up to a point but it diverged heavily... on the up side I was able to scavenge some warp drive tech which made my engines more efficient.  I have to keep my cloak up all the time though because this universe while one familiar up until 2366 has diverged rapidly.  There is no federation, at least not like it was from the show.  the first thing I did was head towards Bajor, or where I thought it was about... the star charts seemed correct based on what I got from that wreck I found in the system nearby sol where I entered this universe.  in case you haven't guessed, this is, or is supposed to be the star trek universe, but everything is just so wrong, there are borg literally everywhere!.

let's go back a step and have a look at how this all started... about day 82 I managed to uncover some working coordinates based on an ancient artifact which my nabbing of a copy of the stargate database led me to.  Everything seemed fine when I sent the probe through the wormhole between verses but there was a sudden discharge of energy behind me as one of the Lucian alliance ships hit the portal just as I was passing through with some kind of energy weapon and I got spit out into a bizarre variant of the universe I was going to.  it seems in 2366 the enterprise was destroyed in it's attempt to rescue captain picard from the borg's grasp and they succeeded in assimilating earth, and from there the entire federation.  the approximate year is 2392 now so they've held onto this space and had nearly 30 years to do whatever, the klingons are holding out, the cardassians were assimilated and the bajoran wormhole never got discovered so the dominion have yet to visit this space.

it's now day 90, and I've been poking around where the neutral zone used to be as of late trying to pick up the pieces and maybe find some help but so far it's all the same story, assimilated colonies, failed attempts to stop the oncoming horde as cubes swarm entire systems grabbing anyone unfortunate enough to catch their eye.

it's not all bad though, from what I can tell the federation did send the uss voyager to the badlands, but to recover an allied ship not a maquis one sent a few years earlier hopefully the queen can be stopped but it's not hopeful, they would have traveled through borg space by now and I feel like janeway never got around to rescuing 7 of 9 before species 8472 forced what remained of the collective to retreat to the alpha and beta quadrants.  oh yeah that's another thing I learned, the borg were pushed towards federation space because of their war with species 8472, unnamed by all but the borg in this timeline.  I did however find something really interesting in the wreckage of the enterprise, during my scavenging efforts I found what looked like a dud torpedo but in reality to my surprise it had someone inside it.  as you can imagine that person wasn't human... if you can figure out why I'm still talking to myself well I'm trying to re-activate a humanoid robot with an unfamilair design and it's taking forever to figure this out as the TV show wasn't clear on the how's and why's... and the enterprise's computer core and any federation database information on the subject was sorely lacking and or corrupted.

************* Anthony Scott's Log, Day 100 12:15:10 ship time - Ascension, fabrication lab/Engineering bay - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

so I think I'm finally getting somewhere, after having checked all the circuits again with my multi-meter I think I'm finally ready to put him back togeter... granted his power source won't be the same since I don't have access to the kind of power cells they use here  but I'm pretty sure I can bring him back online... now the question is how badly was what passes for his brain corrupted.  I'm more surprised that the borg never went salvage the wreckage, maybe they've been too busy but I feel extremely lucky to have found someone out here, albeit a probable corpse... I am basically grave robbing at this point.  that's another point, the borg are really messy, maybe it's their war with 8472 but they've littered a huge region of space with the burned out husks of ships from a variety of different species... I'll report back once I finish here but if all goes well I believe I may have some help figuring out what's going on soon enough.

************* Anthony Scott's Log, Day 102: 13:20:00 Ship time - Ascension, Personal Quarters - Universe: Trek  - Assimilated *************

well it worked, I think? I don't know the command to activate him just yet but he's got power, the new power cells as well as the power regulator I placed on them to prevent an overcharge/overdraw seem to work, not sure about battery life though, they won't be as good as his old ones but I can make it work some how.

************* Anthony Scott's Log, Day 110: 10:20:00 ship time - Ascension, Fabrication lab/Engineering bay - Universe:Trek - Assimilated *************

so I managed it, I went over some footage of startrek the next generation I nabbed from the internet back in the stargate universe and found what I was looking for, it was for a very brief moment from season 5 where data's head was recovered from an archeological dig, at the end of the episode Geordie activates data using 3 precise inputs using a very fine pin like instrument, having located the appropriate points on the synthetic brain of the robot I managed to power him up fully.  he just sat there with his eyes open for a while, clearly running system checks before he wandered onto the bridge, I had already gone there after figuring I'd wait for whatever he was doing to finish, doing tech support for years and fixing computers you learn to be patient when they're just coming back online after decades in storage... I wasn't even sure he would come back intact but clearly there was little to no degradation to his files.  I am rather excited to be talking to Lt' Commander Data in person but I do wish the circumstances were less dire, having heard his account my suspicions were confirmed, the enterprise was destroyed by the borg cube during their efforts to rescue Captain picard, I do hope I can work with him without too much trouble, right now he's a sophont without a place to call home after all.

Day 110: 12:15:00 ship time - Ascension, Meeting room - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

Anthony Scott was sitting in a chair around a circular table, the room had windows along one side looking out into space, stars were drifting past as the ship continued moving at faster than light velocities, with sensors sweeping at full and scrambling fields keeping the ship a glitch on any sensors belonging to anyone he did not want to meet anytime soon.  sitting across from him was none other than Data, an android built by Doctor Soong recently restored and rescued from an endless sleep adrift in the void.  the center of the table contained a holographic projector which showed a large 3 dimensional map of the galaxy with different colored areas representing the space controlled by various powers.  "as you can see in the almost thirty years since your ship met it's regretful demise the territory the borg control has grown, shrank, and changed drastically, they were nearly wiped out by an entity known as species 8472 about ten years ago before they managed to force the extra dimensional invaders back into their own space... Given what I know about your captain it's clear to me that some part of him must have given the borg an edge against a species as xenocidal as they are." he paused letting the android take all this in awaiting any ideas or information he might hold.
"yes It seems the worst has truly come to pass, but I wish to know more about your ship, how is it you have avoided becoming a drone all this time?" data replied with interest.

"well that's rather difficult to explain, I'm not exactly from here... you are familiar with multiverse theory correct?" Anthony questioned hoping his newfound companion would take to the information as swiftly as he remembered.

"yes... I am familiar with many theories on the subject, the most notable being that of temporal divergence creating multiple parallels infinitely." the android again retorted still not fully grasping what he was being told, suddenly the screen changed again, this time showing a map of a very different sort, it was a large cluster of dots with lines connecting them only briefly, each one labeled with it's own name and coordinates, none of which matched up with data's known database of star systems. "that map... those stars do not register in my database."

anthony smiled warmly before zooming in on one dot in particular. "that would be because those are not stars mister data, those are universes, this is what I have mapped so far based on a lot of information... that dot we're focused on now is the one we are currently residing in, labeled TR-47-13-C, it's a split from this one here, this time a different colored dot showed up a short distance away, I've color coded them based on temporal divergence from what I would call the main timeline, blue being the prime and red being a radically different one, with shades in between to indicate just how far they've diverged."

the android looked intently at the image clearly trying to process all of this before replying "fascinating, so we are not in the prime universe then?"

"no sadly mister data, that was my original destination but there was an accident and I got thrown into this one, unfortunately my multiversal bridge generator was damaged so I'm currently stranded, but on the plus side I was able to rescue at least one person so far."

the projection powered down as anthony got up and walked over to the door "care to join me on the bridge mister data? I believe we are arriving at the next destination in just a moment."

as the star streaks faded and the ship returned to normal space the Ascension began approaching a ship inside a nebula, it's life pods having disengaged and holes were shot through the hull, the ship was of federation design and the scorch marks made it difficult to make out the name but with some computer database aided help they managed to quickly identify the ship "I don't recognize the ship but according to the databse that's the USS voyager NCC74656." replied the android.

"or what's left of her" mumbled anthony.

"mister data, I'm going down there to recover the computer core... care to join me?" the young starship captain inquired.
"yes sir" was the reply he got before both headed over to the cargo bay, inside were a couple of smaller ships, a federation shuttle that needed some work, and a puddle-jumper from the atlantis city/ship.

as they climbed into the small circular puddle-jumper the cargobay opened erecting an energy field around the bay entrance. that the ship could pass through but keeping the atmosphere in.  it didn't take long for the ascension to crack the computer codes on voyager enough to open it's shuttle bay allowing the small vessel to dock inside.

************* To Be Continued *************
Wow,

this is an even more impressive writing except on this go around !!
Hopefully I will find time to catch up with my reading here later after work..
but meanwhile looks like another great posting here ..
(October 4th, 2017 at 10:43 AM)brian51 Wrote: Wow,

this is an even more impressive writing except on this go around !!
Hopefully I will find time to catch up with my reading here later after work..
but meanwhile looks like another great posting here ..

it was tricky figuring out what setting I wanted to visit next, so why not try a change of pace, something familiar but just so wrong?! lol.
d*** f*** hotep! lmao Tongue

Love it man! This is mad creative.

thanks Big Grin I'm currently working out the details for the next part, as well as maybe some help dealing with hotep lol.
Lost and found.

************* Day 110: 13:45:00 ship time - USS Voyager - Deck 1 - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

Anthony had been poking around voyager for a while but after data managed to restore power he made his way up to the bridge.  the lights were dim and there was debris everywhere but some of the consoles lit up and the doors and most of the bridge seemed intact.  inside the ready room he noticed a couple things, the first was janeway's prized coffee cup, in this universe it hadn't been destroyed yet, the other was a padd containing the most recent log entry by one captain katheryn janeway.  finding the captains chair he sat down, after all nobody's here anymore to gripe at him over it, then began reading hoping to gain some idea of what happened to this ship with no federation to come home to.

************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 47194.6 *************

We've been tasked with a mission to recover a federation vessel, the USS equinox which disappeared after attempting to avoid enemy pursuers belonging to the klingon/cardassian alliance with the aid of a stolen romulan cloaking device.  the ship reported encountering some kind of shockwave before all telemetry was lost from the vessel.  with the help of my crew we're hoping to recover the vessel and discover what if anything is causing the lack of communications and possibly render assistance to any and all survivors.

************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 47213.8*************

we've just managed to get the ship online after a series of unusual encounters which have brought us to the far side of the galaxy, about 75,000 lightyears from where earth used to be and a long ways from home.  the wreckage of the nova class vessel USS equinox was found about 10 AU from the array which showed up on sensors when we entered into the nearest star system.  upon approach the array fired on our vessel forcing us to leave however not without casualties, our doctor vanished along with a dozen other members of my crew and so far the array has prevented us from penetrating it's shields. 

in our explorations we've found only one major space faring race here, the kazon, however their hostile actions and refusal to trade for anything other than technology that would destabilize the local power balance has made my decision difficult, I've decided not to return to the array after a message from the crew on board, apparently they're needed to assist in a local problem with the owners of the array and as such the doctor has promised to return to my ship as soon as the issue is resolved.  in the mean time the EMH can be utilized, it's not perfect, a prototype actually but hopefully we can manage.  fortunately it does appear that we've made a new friend throughout all of this, a mister Nelix who's offered to assist us as our guide in this region of space, the hope is that we can make new friends and possibly someday free the galaxy of the borg threat.

Anthony paused at this noting that the caretaker was not yet dying in this timeline and that the ships doctor along with some crew decided to stay behind to assist in finding a cure, after all it's not like they could go home.

he began scrolling farther down in the log entries to a few years later.

************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 51608.3*************

we've detected borg signatures on long range senors, I've been reluctant to get much closer but it appears that we are indeed closing in on borg space, that cube we found a few weeks back was evidence of this fact, I lost good crew that day to the rather violent borg cooperative that inhabit a nearby planet it seems that for a long time a civil war had been going on and we just happened to crash on the wrong side of that war.  In the ensuring battle I managed to escape with three of the crew before some kind of dampening field went up and trapped Lt Mulkahee and ensign sharp on the surface, their life signs soon became erratic and vanished, we were however able to recover several data nodes from the cube giving us some improvements to the long range sensors as well as a better understanding of borg travel and space/time signatures.  we have however heard rumors that the borg are weakening in this part of the galaxy, as to the cause we have no idea however I plan to find out.

[i]************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 51619.3*************

We've made a lot of enemies here in the delta quadrant, the vidiians the voth, even a lot of minor powers in our travels, so far nobody is willing to do more than offer a place to stay and make a new home as refugees.  given what we've seen now however I am beginning to loose hope in ever finding a either an ally or a way to end the borg threat.  we've encountered a new threat however that's been keeping the borg occupied for some time, the collective designates these beings as species 8472, unfortunately in an effort to investigate we lost ensign kim as well as our doctor, luckily he was working with the EMH at the time and assures me that the holographic doctor would make a good replacement just in case, I guess now's the time to find out.

[/i]scrolling further down the last log entry is listed on the screen.

[i]************* Log of captain Katheryn Janeway stardate 52939.8*************

we've taken heavy damage and are hiding in a nebula after getting caught between a borg sphere and a species 8472 vessel, we managed to escape the blast after the borg sphere rammed the 8472 vessel taking both of them down, unfortunately due to the damage to the ship this will be my last log entry on voyager, the crew is separating and heading to nearby allies who offered shelter.  I'm leaving this log in case anyone finds it, hopefully someday the federation will come back and find what remained of their lost crew and ship.  if you find this please tell our families what happened.

[/i]the logs end abruptly after but two things were obvious to anthony who had been skimming the logs, the first was that 7 of 9 was not recovered and was most likely never to be.  the second was that the EMH existed in this universe too in some capacity.

anthony quickly activated his communicator. "mister data I have an extra mission for you, if you're done recovering the main computer core?"  "nearly finished." came data's reply "there's a lot of astrometric data which might be useful in charting local space." data continued.

"that's fine, listen there's a program I'm hoping to recover fully intact, I'm not sure of the name but this ship came equipped with an emergency medical hologram." "sir?" data replied.

"something that was being worked on while the enterprise was on mission before wolf 359, a last resort in case the doctor became unavailable and nobody was nearby to help, in the prime timeline they're on most ships as a backup doctor post 2375" anthony continued. "this one however is special, I want you to recover him if you can and upload him to the ascension, if nothing else we could use a doctor and he contains a complete federation medical database and was trained by the ships doctor to take his place should anything happen."

data replied quickly "I'll make sure to download the program."

"excellent" anthony replied "we'll be heading back to the ascension as soon as you are done, I believe the transporters on board voyager should be done beaming over the supplies as well so we should be in good shape."

realizing he forgot one more thing anthony quickly added "one last thing, I want to see if we can salvage the sensor array, apparently there's some special modifications designed to detect borg vessels at long range."

to be continued.
thanks for your latest entry in the story here Smile
************* Day 150: 08:00:00 ship time - Ascension - Bridge - Universe: Trek - Assimilated *************

The ascension hummed to life as the spatial fold formed in front of the ship, two points in the universe brought practically right next to each other allowing near instant travel within universal boundaries. The barrier between regions appeared almost like a singularity, space time distorted and warped having been bent in ways that so many realities only dreamed of.

Standing on the bridge anthony looked on in awe
"I have to give the federation credit here mister data, it was their research and readings when combined with the spatial warp drive that allowed for this to work."

"Indeed, though damaged I'm more surprised the multiversal bridge generator is capable of creating spatial folds." the android replied.

"Consider it a weird idea I've been thinking about for a while. Essentially what the multiversal bridge does is create a wormhole, the catch here is maintaining it while using the warp drive to bring the other side closer... hopefully once the MBG is fully repaired I'm hoping to avoid the problems of wormhole travel across the space between realities." Anthony replied again, his thoughts beginning to wander as he watched the distortion through the view screen.

Slowly the ship accelerated towards the spatial distortion directly in front of it seemingly vanishing almost behind an invisible curtain before appearing on the other side.

"Fold traversal was successful." Data stated anthony continued to remain tense for another minute or so expecting the worst. Suddenly there was a loud buzzing sound, the noise level increasing before suddenly in a bright flash of light anthony found himself no longer aboard the ascension, his environment instead some distant rocky moon, a ringed gas planet hung in the sky above. Within the next moment a clapping sound could be heard with an amused voice seeming to echo from everywhere before appearing to come from one place, directly behind him. "You know I really must congratulate you on your accomplishment, the continuum never expected any humans to move beyond warp drive." A smirk appeared on anthony's face as he recognized the voice.

Turning to face the speaker anthony looked him dead in the eyes, a calm but expectant expression on his face. "So, the infamous Q, we finally meet."

Q's face frowned at that, here he was hoping to have some fun but clearly that was not on the itinerary.
"So I see you've heard of me."

Anthony sat down on one of a pair of flat rocks gesturing for Q to sit upon the other. "I suppose you could say that, honestly I'm surprised you didn't show sooner." He paused before continuing "you see I honestly expected you to show as soon as I showed up here, a person who doesn't belong here, intruding in the galaxy and local multiverse cluster guarded by the continuum... it certainly seems ambitious doesn't it?"

Q's face appeared smug again, albeit cautious. "Well it's not like you haven't been under our watchful eye..." Anthony interrupted Q before he could go on. "Oh I'm sure, it's just that us pulling space together through a wormhole must have been too tempting not to show more than a visual interest in right? I mean with this my ship can go from here to the other side of the universe in seconds..." Smiling amused at the entity before him anthony continued. "Regardless you're late Q, fashionably so? perhaps, but I was hoping to catch your attention sooner... I actually could use your help."

Q returned to his playful mood deciding this was worth hearing "oh really, you need my help? what could you a lowly human need my help for? and more importantly, what would you be willing to do in return?"

Becoming stern anthony took on a serious tone. "Alright look Q, I'm actually kinda stuck here, and this wasn't my original destination either." Q interrupted him this time. "Oh I know, you were going to travel to the universe where the borg are an afterthought and maybe try to chat up some of your favorite heroes." Q's amusement had begun to irritate him slightly. "That's problem one, there's actually another problem, one a person of your particular talents are actually quite suited for..." Q had suddenly glanced in a random direction, an unsettled expression on his face "yeah him, I see you've noticed hotep?, he's been here the whole time, I can't actually see him but he's been a rather large annoying pain in my backside, however if you can get rid of him... well I will owe you a favor, I know just how much you like people owing you favors Q." Q seemed to consider his offer.

"Also... I might be inclined to take you with me, beyond where the continuum has their iron grip on your leash, now doesn't that sound at least somewhat like a fair deal?" Anthony's hand reached out offering a handshake.

"I will have to consider this, but as a gesture of good faith..." Another bright flash and anthony was back on the bridge, mere seconds having passed with no one but Q and himself the wiser. "I'll be in touch." echoed in his mind.

************* Day 160: 00:15:00 ship time - ascension - Captains quarters *************

"Doing a bit of light reading?" a voice came from the chair across the room.

"Something like that..." came anthony's reply "took you a while to show up again, I take it you were busy deliberating with the rest of the continuum?" The tablet was set down on the bed as anthony got up and ordered a cup of hot jasmine/oolong tea from the replicator that had been recently installed in the dozen or so crew quarters on the ship, one of the many projects he worked on to help keep his mind sharp and his attention away from boredom.

"You seem to be making yourself comfortable here, despite the dangers of ever present assimilation." Q stated hoping to get some kind of reaction out of him.

"I'll have you know I personally welcome upgrades and augmentation, but at the risk of sounding rude, what brings you to my quarters this time of night Q?"

"Straight to the point then... you really are no fun you know that?" Anthony smirked as the godling continued. "Your offer has been accepted, you might have noticed the lack of hotep's interference the last few days..." a cube made of some unknown material appeared on the desk, inside was a sphere of light, space somewhat distorting around it before the cube vanished again. "Now about that offer of a way out of here?" Anthony seemed to be looking past Q in thought before responding "indeed I should be able to take you with me when the mbg is fully operational, there's one slight snag, I need a part that's difficult to find in this universe." Q begun tapping his fingers in impatience. "I've been struggling to control/contain the rather large energy requirements just to fold space, let alone bridge universes... that particular component burned out in the accident that sent me here... I just need to retrieve something to replace it and I have a good idea of what."

Q's frown deepened "you're going to steal a transwarp coil?" Anthony set down his half empty cup. "You're d*** right I am, with or without you I need that to get home, it's crucial to controlling the unstable vortex that allows me to leave this hell hole."

He continued "that being said, I know how much the continuum hates provoking the borg so I understand if you want to remain strictly as an observer until I can fulfill that promise."

Q seemed thoughtful "no, I think this will be the most fun I've had here in ages, just don't get assimilated, I'd hate to have my newest entertainment end up something so boring."

"Would you like some tea as well Q? It was rather rude of me not to offer." Q stared puzzled at the human's offer of generosity, treating him as an equal instead of in fear or anger "hmm no I'm fine thanks... indeed this will be most interesting." With that Q faded from existence again, his voice echoing his final words.
************* Day 200: 15:45:10 - Class M Moon, B'omar space - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant *************

The puddle jumper set down gently on the surface of the remote moon the sensors echoing the unique borg frequency that seems to remain on anything they touch, a kind of electromagnetic footprint. Near the edge of a cliff remained a crashed ship, very small, not much larger than a runabout, the markings were mostly warn away by time and weathering but anthony knew what this was after scanning the surface looking for crashed borg vessels to salvage. Sheilding his eyes from the glare of the midday sun he stared up at the ship before checking to be sure the climbing gear was all prepared, then turned to his fellow shipmate and recent recruit Data Soong.
"You ready to do some archaeology mr data?" anthony asked, a wide grin relaying the excitement he was feeling.
"Indeed, let me climb ahead since I can act faster to any changing terrain" data advised.
"Sounds good to me" anthony stated doing a final check of his climbing harness and following the android's path as they began the ascent up the rockface.

It wasn't long before they reached the top, data reached out and grasped anthony's arm to pull him up saving some effort and time. before them stood a decomposing husk of a starship, borg technology decaying but spider webbed across the access panels and hull. Anthony took a deep breath taking in the stale air and paused taking in the sight before him, "the uss Raven, NAR 23450, home to the hansens and the first humans besides captain archer and his crew to encounter the borg." Data paused and turned around to look at anthony, confusion present on his face "sir? I don't believe I recognize previous encounters with the borg before Q sent the enterprise to encounter them."
"I'm not surprised Mister data, the information was classified, I only know about it because of my outside knowledge of federation history... incomplete as it is."
"sir?" mister data seemed even more confused. "look it's better not to ask, you wouldn't like the answer I'd give you, think of it as an extension of the temporal prime directive."

Time seemed to move slowly as they went over the ship checking storage compartments, closets, replicators, anything that might be hiding some small piece of useful technology, data managed to get power going to the ship's computer core and they downloaded the entire ship's database before heading back, but not before Anthony placed a tracking beacon on the ship, they would be beaming the wreck into the cargobay for salvage before moving on. A few hours passed as they made the long trek back to the puddle jumper they'd used to come down to the surface, a storm was brewing on the horizon and both of them wanted to get back on board the ascension before something else showed up to find out why a ship was in orbit of this remote moon. on the way back to the ship anthony was skimming the database, searching for one piece of tech in particular, something useful if they were going to steal something from the borg without getting caught. "found it!" anthony exclaimed in excitement before handing the data padd over to his android compatriot. "fascinating, you believe we'll be able to use this to remain undetected and move about the borg vessel?" data asked a bit surprised at the schematics before him. "indeed, more than that with some tweaking we can move through borg force feilds and get right to the transwarp coil, we're almost ready to get out of here" anthony explained.

************* Day 230: 10:15:30 - Ascension - Fabrication room - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant *************

the room was humming with the sounds of energy arching through the air and welds being finalized as metal was being fused to metal, a large ring sat within a pedestal, stairs leading up to the aperture. computer aided robots zipped around the room moving parts from the fabricator, the ring's structure being finalized as it was eased from the force fields holding it in place onto the support struts designed to allow it to be held but easily ejected in case of catastrophic failure. "Alright mister data I think we're ready, activate the shunt and begin powering up the MBG, let's hope this works."
a swift nod from the android was all the reply he needed as anthony took long strides back, the large tesla coils on the outside of the ring acting as a focus for the massive energy being channeled by the Multiversal bridge generator into the fifty foot space within the ring. Suddenly a sphere of space/time began to form within the ring bending light around it before it stabilized, the bridge linking two points across a rather small distance, the technology still fairly limited. Anthony quickly activated the probe that was sitting behind him and guided it through the barrier gathering telemetry as it traversed the wormhole before arriving at the other end. seeing the atmosphere as breathable he decided to step through himself instructing data to re-open it in about 20 min so that the MBG could gather enough charge.

The transition was intense, space/time folded in on it's self and in an instant Anthony was both everywhere and nowhere at once, still remaining whole however he suddenly found himself exiting on the other side of the wormhole taking note that the test was successful, the ship remained in orbit above the surface in case of emergency but there were no large predators detected on the planet so the chance of that was slim so long as he was careful. After the 20 minutes passed space seemed to ripple and fold as another wormhole opened allowing anthony to return to the ship, a successful test and proving the first one wasn't a fluke of some kind. "Congratulations mister data, I believe we've done it, like really done it!" anthony's excitement was difficult to mask as he tried to calm himself, the intensity of wormhole travel was still quite extreme but there were no side-effects that he could tell other than a serious rush and the build up of a light layer of frost along his body which quickly melted in 65* room.

************* Day 230: 14:25:10 - Ascension - Meeting room - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant *************

The lights were dimmed in the room as the 3D holographic projector hummed to life showing a model of a cube shaped object, protrusions and indents extended all across the surface with no signs of entry other than a large circular hatch on one side. 3 people sat in the room, Anthony, the human who's currently in charge of the ascension, Data Soong, an android rescued from the void after the destruction of his previous vessel, and the uss voyager's EMH, his program rescued from the decaying corpse of the lost vessel, never to return home. the three men sat down at the conference table as they planned out their next move now that everything they needed was in place.

"I don't need to tell either of you how dangerous this is, if the borg even get a hint that the ascension is nearby they'll be on her like flies to feces." Anthony stated, his tone serious as he explained the plan. "So Here's the deal, mister data I'm going to need you to keep watch and get us out of there in a hurry, you're the only one of us strong enough to actually fight the drones hand to hand." data nodded for him to continue. "Doc, I'm going to need you to operate the Space bridge, we've got a very small window and I need you to activate the bridge to get us out of there as quickly as possible, if all goes well they'll notice something missing but won't get more than a glimpse that we were ever there." the doctor nodded accepting his job quickly when suddenly there was a bright flash and a 4th person appeared in the room. "Might i interject on your little pow-wow?" data paused recognizing the voice and immediately readying himself for action, anthony however leaned back and observed the man in the starfleet admirals uniform. "nice of you to show Q, you're late again you know."

the other two men gave each other confused looks as anthony and Q watch each other carefully. "can I get you some tea? maybe a slice of chocolate cake? or ten..." that remark caught Q's attention again causing him to wonder just how this human knew so much detail about everyone here, then smirked accepting the offer. "so what brings you to my humble ship here today?" Q's stare softened a bit relaxing his normally cocky attitude. "well actually I just wanted to see how things were going, you were taking a while, and certainly picard never took so long to execute a plan as exciting as this." Anthony just gave Q a look of mock surprise. "What can I say? I'd rather keep my atoms where they are." Q nodded back, a gesture motioning him to continued, anthony then turned to his crewmates. "Q is here to observe, to keep us out of trouble so to speak... we're also his ride once the mbg is repaired."

the two artificial sentients discussed this for a moment before anthony interrupted them. "a bit late to discuss this I'm afraid guys, but this is our only way out of this hell, the plan will proceed as discussed, anyone have any concerns?, No? alright then, let's get this going."
thanks for continuing your efforts here , spook !