Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Technomancy

so... technomancy, literally Technological Diviniation if the name is to be translated correctly.
but basically, a mastery and knowledge of technology, usually information technology, to the point that the user seems to be performing magic.

would a technomantic wizard be someone who's just really good with tech or some sort of magic, or something else.

Thoughts?

personally I think it's someone who's transcended being a mere hacker to do really crazy stuff with technology.

people like ben heckendorn, Steve Wozniak, or some of the people out there who are really good at re-purposing things to do more than they were designed for if their technological knowledge is high enough anyway.

so yeah, what do you guys think? what separates a technomancer from a hacker/really skilled programmer?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Thanks for your post here..
but i was wondering..

Quote:but basically, a mastery and knowledge of technology, usually information technology, to the point that the user seems to be performing bagic.

What does bagic mean ?
I mean to say magic, basically Clark's 3rd law applies.
ah thanks for the correction here !
Only fake hackers make ransomware. Big Grin

ok so picture if you will, a person who's so naturally inclined to technology that they can listen to an engine to find the problem or understand a basic to complex circuit by observation alone with enough ability to reproduce or repair said systems through those talents and related skills.

that's what I think would constitute a real life technomancer at the moment, someone unusually gifted with technology in various forms.

eventually I think that should be expanded to someone who's also adept at communicating naturally with it but the technology hasn't quite caught up to that yet.

give it maybe 30 years.

it's like a gift that's been honed into an unusual talent.

someone who's skill almost appears mystical when working with technology.
(July 13th, 2017 at 11:49 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: it's like a gift that's been honed into an unusual talent.

someone who's skill almost appears mystical when working with technology.

Like the guy that imagines the code that's running behind any process... I know some guys that aren't too far off.
exactly! that would be technomancy right there!
(July 14th, 2017 at 5:06 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: exactly! that would be technomancy right there!

Yeah that stuff blows my mind. Tongue 
I also think there are levels to technomancy based on ability.

going from intuition about machine stuff like knowing a problem based on "feeling" all the way to innate natural communication with them provided you have the right tech.

for example, with the DOD's new neural interface implant one idea I had thought possible would be reading muscle memory for typing with extreme accuracy from the motor cortex, and over time the brain get's used to inputting by thought to the point that someone who's "plugged in" could communicate using command terminals and such in an intuitive way far faster than anyone with a keyboard.