Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

(Suggestion) Recent posting sidebaer

Hello. All

.. I was wondering how others would feel or like the idea of having a recent postings side bar created  for the site's homepage..

Just felt it might be a nice way to qucikly check the site's most recent posting activity on a daily basis ..

so give us your input !

Brian
don't you use the new posts option under the community tab in the top right corner?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Thanks Spook !!

I had no idea that option even existed ...

Maybe we should RE: think doing my suggestions of the new postings in the side bar idea than ?
honestly it's easier to navigate the new postings the way it's already been setup, a nice list showing who posted and when without the extra clutter.

as nice as the simmania setup is, makestation's got a great system going on here.
We actually used to have a sidebar here before we redesigned the site a couple years back. The only real reason that we dropped it was because of compatibility issues with our upgraded software. The code for it is relatively simple for the most part, and we could get it working without much effort, but it was fairly low on the priority list at the time.

I think it's a great suggestion personally. In order to make it look good we'd have to make a few theme tweaks so that it wouldn't look cluttered or scrunched, but I'm planning a few updates and a small refresh anyway. I wish i still had the screenshot of the old design from a couple years back, but it looked great before.

I'll see what I can do for it. I think it will be nice because it will be easier to identify the latest posts and good content posted in the community, and we will need it once we add status updates too. This time around if it makes it into the design, there will be a way to hide it for users who don't like it or for those with smaller monitors (such as myself). The old setup didn't have such an option.

now that sounds like a great idea! Big Grin
(June 22nd, 2017 at 5:09 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: don't you use the new posts option under the community tab in the top right corner?

This is what I use. It's simple and I love it, but others may not find it so easily. 

I'm up for anything if it looks nice. 
I'll keep you guys up to date on what happens! Been pretty busy but i'll get to it as soon as i get a free day. it's a nice distraction from the stresses of real life. Tongue

the new side bar looks nice and works well, great work darth.
(May 14th, 2018 at 12:13 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: the new side bar looks nice and works well, great work darth.

Thanks leo, I'm glad that you like it and that it works well. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion Box SpookyZalost 0 507 June 19th, 2023 at 9:49 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Have a competition or contest suggestion? Darth-Apple 9 14,225 June 2nd, 2017 at 5:55 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple