Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What media player do you use?

I personally use Windows media player because it's simple, but I really like VLC media player as well. VLC can play virtually any kind of media file known to man, which is really nice.

What's your preference?

I usually use WMP, but recently I've used iTunes because I need it to sync. WinAmp has really jumped the shark lately though.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
iTunes and Quicktime + VLC when I need it.
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
iTunes is pretty nice as well. I think I have it uninstalled at the moment, but I plan on installing it soon. It's not a bad piece of software.

I don't watch a lot of movies on my computer, so I only have Windows Media Player which came with Windows 7 out of the box. I wouldn't say that Windows Media Player is the best, however, it works pretty good for me when I want to watch videos on my computer.

I watch most of my videos online (eg. anime), and to do that, I need Adobe Flash Player.

I have a VLC app installed on a BlackBerry and that allowed me to watch more video formats, which is a good thing because the operating system limits the file formats that one can take advantage of by default.

As for iTunes, it's already installed on my PC, however, I only use it for listening to music. Never used it to play a video, Tongue
I use window media player and it replaced an earlier application called Media Player, adding features beyond simple video or audio playback. The most recent version of Windows Media Player is Windows Media Player 12.
I use VLC player. I also use YouTube as well.
I use VLC player for videos, but I also have foobar2000 and spotify for music.
I actually just tried spotify for the first time yesterday. I've really liked it so far.

Windows Media Player - simple to use, and seeing as I don't have any Apple products, why use iTunes? Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
For video, I use WMP or VLC if it's something WMP doesn't like.

Audio-wise, I use Spotify cause the only audio I listen to is music, and I don't mind paying $9.99/mo for mobile access on Spotify's library of music. Tongue
For my music I use Rhythmbox and Spotify.

For TV shows and movies I use VLC.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
I'm really starting to like spotify myself as well. I'm considering getting one of those $10/month subscriptions. Seems like a good deal.

(December 6th, 2013 at 3:11 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I'm really starting to like spotify myself as well. I'm considering getting one of those $10/month subscriptions. Seems like a good deal.

it's a great deal
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
For music I use Spotify for unlimited streaming. Videos I use Windows Media Player if it's a local file.

(December 6th, 2013 at 3:11 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I'm really starting to like spotify myself as well. I'm considering getting one of those $10/month subscriptions. Seems like a good deal.

I pay $4.99 a month and get unlimited streaming with no ads. Well worth it!!
I actually like VLC for general media and networked webcam viewing, it works great and I can even compile it on ARM processors Tongue

I also use spotify for music because I don't really see the point in downloading music for much anymore, hunting down vinyls on the other hand... lol.
VLC all the way!

Pandora for my music.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last time you used a VHS player Darth-Apple 10 13,218 June 4th, 2017 at 3:10 AM
Last Post: Guardian