Poll: Chrome or Firefox?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Chrome
71.43%
5 71.43%
Firefox
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chrome or Firefox?

ya i think I used Edge over at my brother's house a couple of times, now that i think of this further..
But I do not recall being too impressed with it really
Sports fanatic
(March 28th, 2018 at 9:21 PM)Guardian Wrote: EDGE is still a joke. I use it for my spam searching for the rewards. Tongue

Haha smart. Keep the spam out of your main browser. Finna

(March 31st, 2018 at 1:02 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(March 28th, 2018 at 9:21 PM)Guardian Wrote: EDGE is still a joke. I use it for my spam searching for the rewards. Tongue

Haha smart. Keep the spam out of your main browser. Finna

Exactly. There's a few things, websites, etc. that I use EDGE for just so it doesn't skew my stuff that I care about.
I always find it interesting that ads follow me around. I wonder if cookies are used to do that on anonymous websites where there isn't a user login (e.g. not google, where they have a profile on you anyway)

There was actually someone that got really upset that Khan Academy's videos on Youtube had "inappropriate ads" on them a while back, right as Khan Academy was getting started. They made a fairly memorable scene about it, without realizing that the ads are selected based on their own internet activity. Tongue

Go figure, LOL. Finna

you know... if you really want a good browser, ever try W3W? text mode browser is best browser lol.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Chrome for me. I don't know why but Firefox feels really clunky to me so I often avoid it.
[Image: sig1.png]
(June 3rd, 2018 at 3:52 PM)Martin Wrote: Chrome for me. I don't know why but Firefox feels really clunky to me so I often avoid it.

It has gotten much clunkier over the years. Though, I think it's a perception after using Chrome for so long.

i second that! for me, it behaves almost like IE. i only use it to earn more bing reward points[Image: toothless-chuckle-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(June 3rd, 2018 at 5:18 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(June 3rd, 2018 at 3:52 PM)Martin Wrote: Chrome for me. I don't know why but Firefox feels really clunky to me so I often avoid it.

It has gotten much clunkier over the years. Though, I think it's a perception after using Chrome for so long.

I just use Firefox out of stubbornness atm. Can't adapt to Chrome at all. It indeed has gotten much clunkier over the years. Strangely, startup times are lesser now, though.

(June 5th, 2018 at 8:35 AM)VSS Wrote: i only use it to earn more bing reward
Me too! I've made about $20 from it so far. Tongue

(June 5th, 2018 at 3:21 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: Strangely, startup times are lesser now, though.

Their last major update was a huge code cleanup that was specifically targeting startup times. That update did improve it considerably.
I'm doing it! I'm finally migrating things back over to Firefox. Firefox catching back up to Chrome, Chrome with its massive mis-utilization of system resources, and Google just being a world-controlling-behemoth, I've decided to make the switch again.

Here's to hoping Firefox doesn't fail me again.
I was actually just thinking about doing the same on my Linux based system. Microsoft Edge (ew, who uses it anyway... Finna) just switched to using Chrome's open source engine to render web pages. Basically, this means that Chrome and Microsoft are all rendering pages with the same underlying code. Only Firefox and Safari are left to offer alternatives to that engine.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out for web developers over the next few years as a result. My guess is that things will become a good bit simpler. Tongue

it's actually quite hilarious that microsoft is using open source code in more and more of their projects... they're going against the principles they defended just a decade ago.

as for firefox... I use some variant of it myself on my linux systems with chrome on my windows system, though I do use firefox on my XP box... because Firefox is the ONLY web browser that still supports the old system with a reasonably recent version.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Firefox for me.?Smile
I use both.
In the poll, I voted Firefox, but that's not really true, because I use an independent fork of Firefox called Pale Moon. I also use Chrome as a PDF reader when I don't want to download the PDF I want to read. Tongue
(April 20th, 2019 at 3:13 AM)Darvince Wrote: In the poll, I voted Firefox, but that's not really true, because I use an independent fork of Firefox called Pale Moon. I also use Chrome as a PDF reader when I don't want to download the PDF I want to read. Tongue

Haven't seen that one in use. Any special features or benefits of it?
I've been using Firefox pretty exclusively since 2006 and don't plan on switching to anything else anytime soon. I've used Chrome in like six months spurts, but I haven't touched it full time since like 2012 at the latest. Firefox got pretty iffy for a bit there, but it's already made major strides in catching up to Chrome, and I think it's surpassed Chrome. The huge focus on privacy lately is awesome too.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee