Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Living Cyberpunk.

Looks like it took a lot of patience. How long did that take you total?
about 2 hours, and I messed up twice and had to bypass the mistake, once on the board it's self and once on the audio amp.

as a side note I've finished writing the final script bit going over my thoughts on the difference and the value of the mod.

I've tomorrow off so I should be able to sit down, record that, then complete my review of it and upload it.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
New update to my website, I've been adding all sorts of content to it so feel free to check it out.

probably going to move several of my mod posts from here to there since I can do a lot more with them there.

https://zalost.neocities.org/index.html
So I learned some new tricks since I last posted about my website.  The first is frames, using them I finally have a central menu that's universal on the site but easy to update.  And I only have to change or add a button once instead of on each page!

The second is that I learned how to align text in HTML paragraphs thus allowing centered items with left aligned text.  You wouldn't believe how annoying it was to realize how simple the solution was...

Anyway feel free to check out the redesign, it's still, as always, a work in progress.

Link
Looking good! Still love the retro.

I've never been... competent at differently aligned objects on the same line. So I find ways around it. Tongue
Ya, it's been a work of love no doubt, but I've been tweaking and adjusting it so much I think I've finally gotten the over all design where I want it... Now I just need more content lol.
(February 3rd, 2019 at 12:46 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Ya, it's been a work of love no doubt, but I've been tweaking and adjusting it so much I think I've finally gotten the over all design where I want it... Now I just need more content lol.

I hear ya. Content is THE struggle.
so I did decide to add an ingress page to my site, it explains it fairly well, and I plan to do a lot more detail and stuff, maybe even post about ongoing missions I'm working on.
so when I was setting up that windows XP machine I built I did encounter one virus.

it was a nasty one too, couldn't be deleted, edited the windows permissions settings so that it couldn't be deleted, and whenever I tried to delete it, it remained memory resident and just came back almost instantly.

sorta like a stubborn stain that you can't get out without power washing it, and that causes damage to the surrounding stuff.

the AV couldn't delete it, tried mccaffee, avg, norton, avast, malware bytes.

they all found it, quarantined it, but they could not delete it because it was preventing it's sector of the hard drive from being edited in any way.

so I turned to my last resort, Linux.

I loaded up ubuntu onto a flash drive, loaded the latest clam AV, updated it's virus definitions, plugged it into the windows XP machine, then removed the virus manually, edited the registry of any references too it with regedit in wine, then ran clamav to make sure I got every last trace of the thing.

stubborn sucker but it's gone now.

I don't think I've encountered such a pain in the a** virus before lol.
(March 2nd, 2019 at 12:45 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I loaded up ubuntu onto a flash drive, loaded the latest clam AV, updated it's virus definitions, plugged it into the windows XP machine, then removed the virus manually, edited the registry of any references too it with regedit in wine, then ran clamav to make sure I got every last trace of the thing.

stubborn sucker but it's gone now.

I don't think I've encountered such a pain in the a** virus before lol.

Nice work. That'll usually do it. With Windows running they have a way of being persistent.
yeah, bastard virus Tongue and to think If it wasn't for the fact that I needed the compatibility I'd have been building nothing but nix boxes Finna

speaking of, I'll be working on my pentium III this weekend.

see I have this really nifty OPL3 Parallel port synth card but it only works in dos, and linux if I really finagle with it.

unfortunately even my XP machine won't load it so I'm going to need to setup windows 98 on the PIII and load the special drivers in full real dos mode.
so the Pentium iii was a bust, will not even power on, got a lot of troubleshooting to do there, but it starts up then shuts off...

for the moment I'm going to dual boot win XP and 98 to get the dos functionality
ugh up late tonight, windows 98 just did not like the XP machine's spec's, still too new.

then I tried freedos... that was a bust too rofl. Finna

worse It formatted the entire XP machine's primary drive (thanks freedos... note exit disc install and use install adv.)

so now I'm waiting for XP to re-install, then I'm going to turn off the XP drive and give freedos another go... also maybe a midnight snack Tongue  .. last time I tried to format the 1TB drive it took XP over an hour  Dodgy

just hacking things together by the light of the cathode ray.  Cool
Windows XP, 98?? What the? hhehehehe I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Love it! Esp. since getting a new mother board and 2 SSDs. Things seem quite a bit more stable now. Big Grin
Tongue yeah there's a few games and software bits that just do not work well in x64 windows 7/8/10, like sim tower, streets of simcity, this neato parallel port FM synth card... just to name a few things... though that last one I've almost got working on my windows 8.1 machine with it's PCI-E parallelport+serial port card.
muahahahaha, I've finally got my XP machine dual booting into DOS 7.1!

even better, I have my FM synth parallel port card working with it  Cool ... now I just need to get the FM synth tracker working with it for some real fun  Heh

edit: Tracker's working!  Happywide it sounds awesome!!!  Love

edit2: here's a screenshot of the tracker playing music through it.

[Image: RndnJXd.jpg]

yes yes I know the lights are green... cyborg... borg... resistance is futile Tongue
yes this looks very nice i agree..

So is it sorta like a digital Jukebox of sorts ?
Sports fanatic
more than that, this program allows me to actually write music with an OPL3 FM synthesis chip I have plugged into the printer/LPT/Parallel port in the back of the computer.

this is a variant of the sound chip used in the sega genesis which is my all time favorite console Tongue

but I have to run DOS to use it! Finna