Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Screenshots from Cities:Skylines

Here's an octagonal city that I started work on a while back:

[Image: 1064A16E1BC3EABF6747FAC679071B5BE0D92C6E]

It has a population of 46,640 - so, it's not massive yet - but, it's coming along!
Wow! Stellar! I love the highways and the interchanges. The area near the center/lake is great too.

How long did this take you? Did you generally zone mostly low density?

(April 15th, 2020 at 4:58 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Wow! Stellar! I love the highways and the interchanges. The area near the center/lake is great too.

How long did this take you? Did you generally zone mostly low density?

Thanks Big Grin !

I don't know how long it took me - but, probably too long Tongue . I'm not sure exactly how much of it is low-density, but I'm guessing more than half.

(Of course, now that I know about this Brooklyn pack, I might use it on this project!)
That looks awesome! Love the layout, the lake, the interchanges. Nice work!
Yea, the brooklyn pack is a godsend. I don't know that I could ever build a city without it now. It'll be interesting to see how it grows.

Have any close-up screenshots of the area by the lake? Lots of trees, they look good.

Thanks Smile ! The interchanges were a pain to build: it took a lot of messing around with different gradients to get everything to line up correctly.

Here's one close-up of the central bit. It isn't great, but it does show the monorail (which only has three stations so far; I'm eventually hoping to make it a full loop):

[Image: BE943FD069FBB0EB8379177D26FCF48BF3278EA6]

Yeah, the middle still needs finishing... the water level needs to be raised a bit, for example Tongue .
That looks great. I love the loop on the monorail. I'm a big fan of monorails myself, even though the CIMs seem to prefer subways over it. You've got a pretty high density of stations and a clean line, which is nice.

Arial view of what I'm working on: 

[Image: XHzXn.png]

Looking good Darth!

I tried to crank Cities up yesterday but outdated mods drove me away with errors. Don't want to spend the time figuring out which ones.
I had that issue as well @Guardian . It’s probably TPME. You have to unsubscribe V10 and resubscribe V11.

No idea why they did that, you lose all data, custom lane rules, and everything else with it. Someone wasn’t having a moment of good judgment on that one.

(April 20th, 2020 at 6:40 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I had that issue as well @Guardian . It’s probably TPME. You have to unsubscribe V10 and resubscribe V11.

No idea why they did that, you lose all data, custom lane rules, and everything else with it. Someone wasn’t having a moment of good judgment on that one.

WHAT!? That's terrible. Confused  Oh that's frustrating. Thanks for the heads up.
Yea it screwed my city up pretty bad. I do a lot of custom lane management because of CSL’s weird traffic engine. So that was annoying to the to go in and redo the busier intersrctions.

(April 21st, 2020 at 1:07 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Yea it screwed my city up pretty bad. I do a lot of custom lane management because of CSL’s weird traffic engine. So that was annoying to the to go in and redo the busier intersrctions.

They really need to fix it. They should take some of the better, more reliable features from mods (TrafficManager, MoveIt, and make it part of the core game.
Looks good Big Grin ! More realistic than my own one, I have to say (even though I'm not exactly going for realism Tongue )

And, wow... that sounds annoying >_< . Glad you got it sorted out in the end, though.
Newest city in the pipeline. Mostly avoiding the grid except for downtown areas. It's resulting in some problem spots traffic wise, but the interestates and major roads are flowing very nicely so far. 

Yes, this is the same city that got wiped out by a massive sewage overflow in the other thread. It's been cleaned up and the sewage was moved to a newer, much larger lake. So far, so good! Tongue

thanks for the fantastic images here !

and hope you are still active with this city ?
Sports fanatic
(February 17th, 2021 at 2:34 AM)brian51 Wrote: thanks for the fantastic images here !

and hope you are still active with this city ?

Thank you @brian51. Yes I'm still active. Haven't played it in a few weeks due to my work on some music projects and MS/SM. I put Real Time onto it and brought a lot of traffic to it, been focusing largely on building up the downtown and infrastructure areas lately.

Yes maybe after the break you had from it , you really feel motivated to get back into it Smile
Sports fanatic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cities: Skylines II Announced Guardian 3 1,533 April 23rd, 2023 at 6:09 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Cities Skylines Financial Districts DLC Darth-Apple 4 2,514 January 2nd, 2023 at 8:40 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Interstates in Cities:Skylines Darth-Apple 13 5,934 December 13th, 2020 at 7:01 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  What Mods do you Use for Cities Skylines? Darth-Apple 6 4,419 September 1st, 2020 at 1:10 AM
Last Post: Darvince