Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SMF 2.1?

When SMF 2.1 is released, will you upgrade right away, or will you wait for a bugfixing update? I can't wait for 2.1 imo, especially since it replaces this old post editor.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Good question.

I plan on upgrading it pretty shortly after it's released. It won't be immediately because I have to port a lot of plugins over, but I don't plan on wasting time. It never hurts to use up to date software. Big Grin

Well, I mainly want 2.1 because it uses this editor instead of the current post editor. Either, way, it's good that we're upgrading.

Xenforo is actually looking pretty interesting as well, and is under rapid development. Perhaps when the forum grows to be a larger community I'll consider using different software entirely, but I'd have to make sure it actually worked best for the community first. Right now, besides the editor, SMF is working surprisingly well, so the plan is to stick with SMF for now.

IP.Board would be nice, if it was affordable for the poor man Tongue

That's certainly a nice editor. SMF 2.1 should be a big improvement, should be interesting to see it on Makestation some day. Smile
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
It all depends on how quickly the development team finishes with it. The SMF development team can be a bit of a mess sometimes, so I haven't really been following it too closely, but when it's released the plan is definitely to get it upgraded. Big Grin

Yea, I don't assume it's coming soon. Just look at the delays for MyBB 1.8 and 2.0... you never know with free software. Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]