Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CSS Expandable Menu

I'm not trying to advertise here. I just want to show you guys something I'm particularly proud of on my very bland website.
Link to Website

The side menu on the left uses no Javascript whatsoever. It's all done with CSS and I think it really shows how powerful CSS can be for functionality rather than just design. Check out the source and see how it's been done!
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
Looks nice. I used nothing but CSS for the drop down "community" menu here as well, if I recall. It took me some time to figure it out because none of the tutorials I found on doing this were really all that useful. Tongue

The transition effects are also done well, in my opinion.

That's beautiful. I love it. If you know what you're doing with CSS for the majority of things jQuery isn't needed. I don't actually think I've seen a pure CSS accordion before. Well done.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
(May 26th, 2018 at 6:40 PM)Harry K. Wrote: That's beautiful. I love it. If you know what you're doing with CSS for the majority of things jQuery isn't needed. I don't actually think I've seen a pure CSS accordion before. Well done.

Hey thanks!
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee