Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We need some "wordsmithing"

Lightbulb 
So we are trying to find a replacement motto for our community. We've used "Progression over personal gain" for about 3+ years and sadly it never really took the way I wanted it to. People misunderstand what it really should mean and as such is problematic.

I love these two:

Good Folks. Good Times. Good Game!

game. revel. evolve.

One of my Guild Masters, who is also an English major says you can't really use "Revel" by itself. :/ This stinks as well I love it the most.

The "Good Times" one... is fun, but cheesy. It does however say EXACTLY what I want.

I really like the idea of a 3 word motto. Something short, succinct and powerful.

Thoughts?
Well, to be honest, the first one is not distinct and honestly sounds a bit cheesy. I definitely prefer the second one, which seems decent as a catch line, and is much easier to remember as well. Tongue

(January 2nd, 2015 at 1:24 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: Well, to be honest, the first one is not distinct and honestly sounds a bit cheesy. I definitely prefer the second one, which seems decent as a catch line, and is much easier to remember as well. Tongue

Yeah, but are you allowed to use the word "Revel" by itself like that? That's the biggest question so far.
I don't see an issue with it. I'm not in my grammar nazi mood today though. Tongue

I like the second one.

I always say that language is evolving, so usage depends on what is acceptable, not what is written in a book that determines correctness. As the slogan says, EVOLVE. Tongue