Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Darth-Apple's photography thread

I'm not exactly the world's greatest photographer, and being limited to a 2MP phone camera doesn't help, but it's still something I've really enjoyed. Picasa has also been of great help in repairing the colors that my camera messes up.

[Image: image11112012134907.jpg]
A small tourist town in Tennessee. It's actually at the top of a skylift on a mountain, so the view is quite nice.

[Image: image11112012173730.jpg]
From the same town.

[Image: image08142012104814.jpg]
This one is on the shore of a north carolina sound.

[Image: image08122012192454.jpg]
Once again Picasa is used to recover some of the color the camera couldn't capture.

[Image: image08122012185033.jpg]

[Image: image08122012182253.jpg]

[Image: sunsetedit2.jpg]
This is one of the few pictures I've edited for the intense effect. I think it looks pretty nice, but is quite unrealistic for sure. Tongue

Nice pics! But the last one I think is a bit overedited. (1100[sup]th[/sup] post!)
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
If you had seen the original picture before it was edited, you'd have been blown away. It looks more like a pit of lava now. Just goes to show the power of even simple photo editing utilities.

Also, congrats on catching the 1100th post! Big Grin

By the way, do you happen to know the name of the town in Tennessee?

I actually forgot what it's name was. It was taken a while back, but I'll see if I can find it somewhere. It was a pretty small tourist town.

Love that town, especially those apartments nestled next to the hill. Nice place! Smile
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
I actually think it would be a nice place to live if it wasn't for all of the tourism. It was a nice place.

We have a fair stream of tourists end up where I am. partly tourist country, partly on the way to other different "tourist conutries" - so we get tourists and people looking for directions. Summer is a busy time. Tongue
I actually don't mind mild to moderate tourism, but if it's too heavy, it takes a lot away from the beauty of a place as a place to live. Where I live doesn't have much tourist traffic, thankfully. Big Grin

Summer traffic tends to ruin it. If the highway backs up people use the local roads, so we as locals get stuck. And many people who do this are just "passing through" and don't actually spend money, which is unfortunate. We do have tourists, obviously. Otherwise there'd be no B&B's, hotels, etc. Tongue
Where I lived in TN, we had 5000 people but the Main Street was constantly backed up every day during the summer D:

Traffic is the worst part. Especially on the interstates... I really hate merging into really busy highways when the merge lanes are so freaking short. It's a part of life I suppose.

Short merge lanes is bad, but short exit ramps are bad too. And rural merge lanes.. those are... eh Tongue
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Mhm, that it is. Especially one of our exits in town... some drunk person designed it. You have to cross oncoming traffic to get on the highway, it's an awkward angle, and if there's traffic the service road backs up. But anyways, nice pics. The last one may be a bit too saturated, but it still looks nice. Smile
I don't mind merging if there isn't a whole lot of traffic, but merging into high traffic highways is a pain. It's one of those things I have to do quite frequently, and I hate it.

And then of course there are the merge lanes that are really really short. Those aren't fun either.

I just got a legit camera, and I'll also be headed to NYC pretty soon. Looking forward to being able to take better pictures. Big Grin

Can't wait to see Big Grin. (I've never even been to NY myself... closest I've gotten is Philadelphia Tongue

Fictional countries? Sounds interesting. Nice sign Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink [Photography] my art and photography! zoldos 0 1,412 March 4th, 2021 at 5:22 AM
Last Post: zoldos
  E2S photography thread: revived from the dead Electric2Shock 12 16,249 June 1st, 2018 at 10:03 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  Clayton's Photography Thread Clayton 18 31,784 January 22nd, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Last Post: brian51