Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[MyBB Plugin] Latest Visitors on Profiles (for 1.8)

Over the past couple of months, I've been working on and off on a little plugin to count and to log visits to user profiles. It's installed here, so if you want to check it out, feel free. Tongue

Anyway, the plugin has a number of features, including: 
  • An optional profile visits counter 
  • A popup modal box that displays the latest visitors on profiles
  • Visitor caching to prevent a single user from rapidly reloading the page to bump their profile visits counter. 
  • Usergroup based permissions
  • Basic moderator actions (allowing you to reset the counter or to delete visits)
  • MyBB 1.8 compatible. 
This plugin is pretty much up in its final beta. I'm unaware of any remaining issues, so it will likely be released this week on the MyBB mod site. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in helping test it, you can download the beta via the github link. If you notice any issues, please do report them. Tongue

[Image: s7lO6oV.jpg] [Image: hJhzAwQ.jpg] [Image: Mx8sAno.jpg] 

Looks interesting Smile hope to see it on the site soon enough. I won't be able to test it because I don't have a site to test it on, though.
(November 26th, 2014 at 4:38 AM)CapTon Wrote: Looks interesting Smile hope to see it on the site soon enough.

It's already installed. I'm using MS to beta test it. Tongue

Looks good, had a look at it on MS and it seems like a pretty solid plugin. Good work. Big Grin
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
It's submitted to the MyBB mod site. Now it's just awaiting approval. Big Grin

(November 26th, 2014 at 10:23 AM)Harry K. Wrote: Looks good, had a look at it on MS and it seems like a pretty solid plugin. Good work. Big Grin

Thanks!

(November 27th, 2014 at 4:05 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: It's submitted to the MyBB mod site. Now it's just awaiting approval. Big Grin

You may want to open a thread in Private Inquires, they take forever to approve downloads.
(November 27th, 2014 at 7:59 AM)Harry K. Wrote:
(November 27th, 2014 at 4:05 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: It's submitted to the MyBB mod site. Now it's just awaiting approval. Big Grin

You may want to open a thread in Private Inquires, they take forever to approve downloads.

I've uploaded a few to the mod site already, they were approved within 24 hours or so. I expect it to take a little longer because of the holiday, but I did see some were approved just this week. 

They still never un-blacklisted my IP from the server. I have to connect through a proxy (as per their suggestion) to access the forums because their server blacklisted me by mistake...

(November 27th, 2014 at 2:48 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(November 27th, 2014 at 7:59 AM)Harry K. Wrote:

I've uploaded a few to the mod site already, they were approved within 24 hours or so. I expect it to take a little longer because of the holiday, but I did see some were approved just this week. 

They still never un-blacklisted my IP from the server. I have to connect through a proxy (as per their suggestion) to access the forums because their server blacklisted me by mistake...

Fair enough. I have always had issues with MyBB's slow moderation and development. :/
Yeah, I have as well. My first plugin was never approved because it took them a while to even look at it, and once they had looked at it, it turned out that the file upload was broken. I got a PM about two months later saying the file wasn't even there. 

Fun  fun, at least the uploader itself works this time around. The mod site still needs lots of improvement. Tongue

Edit: It just got approved. http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=312 Big Grin

Hmm, that's good. Seems the new mod site is a lot quicker than the old one then. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why or by which plugin Mybb hacked? tc4me 8 3,472 February 19th, 2021 at 5:08 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  [MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8) Darth-Apple 49 57,197 January 28th, 2021 at 11:38 AM
  [MyBB Plugin] Average Profile Ratings Darth-Apple 8 5,129 October 22nd, 2020 at 6:41 AM
  Simple Reputation Bars [MyBB Plugin] Darth-Apple 7 4,081 October 22nd, 2020 at 4:25 AM