Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Most annoying drivers

I routinely drive through heavy traffic more often than I should. I can't say I've ever loved it, but I've certainly grown more used to it. If I had to sum up the single two most annoying traffic behaviors that I have observed as a driver myself, they would be as follows: 
  • People texting and driving (I don't know how many rear-end accidents I've seen as a result of this).
  • Tailgating. I don't care if you're going 10 MPH below the speed limit. I won't tailgate you, period. I particularly don't like when the tailgating driver behind me immediately changes lanes as soon as I turn on my turn signal to prevent me from changing lanes, then flies in front of me 15 MPH above the speed limit without the usage of the turn signal. That sort of behavior is guaranteed to get me to hold the horn for a good long three seconds. 
What are the most annoying traffic behaviors you've seen on the roads? 

Not moving over a lane on the highway so I can merge on, despite the lane(s) next to the driver on the highway being completely open. :|
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
(November 9th, 2014 at 6:01 PM)simlink Wrote: Not moving over a lane on the highway so I can merge on, despite the lane(s) next to the driver on the highway being completely open. :|

That annoys me as well. Where I am, the merge lanes are very short. We often have to slow down to 30 or 40MPH in order to merge on thanks to drivers who aren't paying attention. It's annoying. 

Got to love people who are too full of themselves to move over for a merging car. smh.
(November 9th, 2014 at 7:01 PM)Clayton Wrote: Got to love people who are too full of themselves to move over for a merging car. smh.

It's a psychological problem! Tongue

Roundabouts in my town. We have so many of them, that out of town people will have no idea how to use them and merge on them too early that it almost causes an accident, even though the mayor claims it reduces accidents.
(November 9th, 2014 at 7:23 PM)VRVisions Wrote: Roundabouts in my town. We have so many of them, that out of town people will have no idea how to use them and merge on them too early that it almost causes an accident, even though the mayor claims it reduces accidents.

People still don't know how to use them up there? They are like... everywhere. Big Grin

I've seen people do some really stupid stuff on roundabouts here as well. The other day someone insisted on stopping in the middle of the roundabout to allow me to merge on. It's common knowledge that the driver on the roundabout has right of way. You don't stop in the middle of the roundabout to allow someone to get on. Recently someone stopped in front of me on a roundabout to text as well. I ended up waiting there for about 20 seconds, and then had to make a tight turn for the nearest exit and had to turn around because this driver insisted on stopping in the roundabout. 

I also saw someone several months back that literally went the wrong way on a roundabout. Like, how stupid do you have to be? It's not even easy to make that mistake. Tongue

People who pull out in front of other cars going 55 miles per hour and improper use of a turn signal. I've dealt these annoyances more than any other. On my daily commute I have to drive through a highway where there are several factories, stores, and side roads, and sometimes people will just pull out in front of cars going over 60 MPH thinking they can speed up in enough time to not get rear ended or that the driver will switch lanes for them.
I could make a whole list, but my biggest pet peeves are the ones who think they have enough time to turn left in a permissive left before you broadside them, and the ones that decide to quickly speed up and go ahead of you as soon as you try to change lanes, even if there's more than enough room between you and them [Image: monkey.png]
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
I've said it before... I don't ever want to drive in texas, it's like trying to drive on the interstate through denver towards the tech center, only through their entire metropolitan region, and at least 10x worse.

no offense donut...

not saying we have great drivers here, note stated above, but at least here they're usually smart enough to not do something truly crazy/stupid.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
The drivers up there do seem a little more patient, except for I-70 in Denver, which was just as bad as anything down here :monkey:
(July 31st, 2017 at 8:47 PM)pupper_donut Wrote: The drivers up there do seem a little more patient, except for I-70 in Denver, which was just as bad as anything down here :monkey:

honestly my biggest pet peeve are people who zip along the highway with no concern to others cutting people off as they change lanes to rapidly get through traffic.

though I do chuckle when they get caught and are sitting there pulled over by a cop lol.
PEOPLE THAT JUST DILLY DALLY ALONG IN THE PASSING LANE
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
PEOPLE THAT STAY IN THE PASSING LANE DESPITE SIGNS STATING KEEP RIGHT AND USE THAT TO SPEED AND ACT LIKE AN a**
Alright let's not start a trend of all caps. Tongue

I pretty much never use the left lane. My car (despite being German, should be able to withstand the Autobahn and its utter lack of speed limits) tends to get extremely poor fuel economy if I start raging at 80+ miles/hour. I never drive below the speed limit to try to be polite, but hardly anyone on the interstate doesn't speed at least a little (besides those annoying left lane slow drivers, haha). I always worry that, despite being in the right lane, I'm still aggravating a few drivers just a tad. Tongue

Around here, the left lane isn't specifically for passing, but faster traffic tends to keep left while slower traffic keeps right (most of the time). Freeways around here can get pretty crazy and scary at times as a result.
gd: see around here that's technically a fine-able offense but there's not enough cops and everybody just takes up both lanes using the right lane to speed and the left lane to go 5 over the limit flashing their brights and blaring their horns if you aren't going fast enough for them.

a state patrolmen once told me that they let them go because trying to stop every offender would cause more accidents than stopping them would prevent later... mostly due to people rubbernecking and causing traffic jams around cop cars with flashing lights.
Tailgating creates a major safety hazard and actually creates traffic jams. Even if someone is going too slow, tailgating them is rude, annoying and makes you look like a dumbass. Especially the ones that do it in their massively oversized pickup trucks...