Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MyBB Plugin] Board Announcements Manager (For 1.6 and 1.8)
BAM/Board Announcements Manager is officially ready for MyBB 1.6 and MyBB 1.8 forums. BAM allows you to create and to manage announcements in your forum header without requiring edits to the templates, and uses a style for announcements that is similar to that of the MyBB official support forum. It also allows for features such as usergroup based permissions and random selection of announcements.

Key Features:
  • Support for an unlimited number of header announcements, with reordering capabilities.
  • Four included color classes, with additional support for custom classes.
  • usergroup permission control by announcement.
  • Support for BBcode and emoticons in announcements.
  • Ability to optionally display the date posted on announcements.
  • Ability to display announcements globally.
  • Ability to parse the username if {$username} is placed in an announcement. (Parses to "Guest" if the user is not logged in. )
  • Optional random mode functionality.
  • Ability to turn announcement into a link.

Random mode
BAM includes an alternative mode that allows it to select announcements randomly instead of displaying all available announcements, similar to SMF style announcements. This feature is disabled by default, but can be enabled and configured in the plugin's configuration settings. You can also "pin" announcements, allowing them to display consistently, regardless of additional randomly selected announcements.

Global Announcements
By default, announcements only display on the forum index. BAM allows you to configure announcements to display globally across your forum if desired. BAM also has an advanced setting that allows you to define which page will be considered the "index" page, so if you rename index.php or use your portal page as the homepage, the announcements plugin can be configured to work properly under the changed file names/index pages for more advanced users.

Screenshots: These screenshots were taken on MyBB 1.6 forums, but the 1.8 version of this plugin is very similar.

[Image: 5.png]

[Image: 4.png]

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: 2.png]

[Image: 1.png]

Licensing & Copyright:
  • You are allowed to modify the plugin to suit your personal needs on your forum. However, you must not distribute modified copies of this plugin under any circumstances.
  • You may not claim this plugin as your own work.
  • This plugin comes with no warranty. It has been tested and has no known issues, but it cannot be guaranteed to work perfectly on your forum. You are using this plugin at your own risk.

Both MyBB 1.6 and MyBB 1.8 versions are attached below. The MyBB 1.8 version is the officially supported version, as MyBB 1.6 is nearing its EOL. However, both versions have the same features and should be equally stable.

Attached Files
.zip   BAM 1.6.zip (Size: 11.82 KB / Downloads: 291)
.zip   BAM 1.8 (fixed).zip (Size: 25.57 KB / Downloads: 442)
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
This looks awesome Smile if I had a MyBB site, I would definitely use it.
Thanks given by: Darth-Apple
That's a pretty damn awesome acronym. BAM. Nice ring to it.

Thanks given by: Darth-Apple
As MyBB 1.8 is officially released, I've attached the MyBB 1.8 version of the plugin in the original post.

(August 20th, 2014 at 7:31 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: That's a pretty damn awesome acronym. BAM. Nice ring to it.

Thanks. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's officially approved on the MyBB mod site[/url]. Big Grin I made some changes to it and also licensed it as open source under the GNU GPL. I've updated the version for MyBB 1.8 posted here.

The 1.6 version is a backport of the 1.8 version and hasn't been updated yet. I will be doing an updated version for BAM 1.6 as well as soon as I can find time to test some ACP changes on MyBB 1.6. Looks like the MyBB 1.6 version will only be found here as they've pretty much closed the 1.6 mod site on mybb.com. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Very nice sir and thank you. This has already been installed on the IcyBoards 1.8 platform Smile
Thanks given by:
(September 13th, 2014 at 2:40 AM)spork985 Wrote: Very nice sir and thank you. This has already been installed on the IcyBoards 1.8 platform Smile

Yay. Thanks. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks great.

But it is not showing up on index page ...

installed correctly and the settings are done to show up.
may you have a hint for me?

[snip]
Thanks given by:
Bonjour!

When the plugin "Board Announcements Manager (1.0)" is enabled members can no longer respond to forum posts.
It can only create new topic ..

<snip>

Mod Note: We advise you to not publicly post login information on the forums. I've forwarded the information to Darth-Apple (aka Hans-Squeaky) on your behalf.
-SL (Makestation Mod)
Thanks given by:
Thank you! This is an ideal plugin for our new community
Thanks given by: Guardian
(August 7th, 2017 at 9:48 PM)andydigiuk Wrote: Thank you! This is an ideal plugin for our new community

Thank you for the feedback! Glad you like the plugin. Big Grin

Good luck on your new community.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [MyBB Plugin] Latest Visitors on Profiles (for 1.8) Darth-Apple 9 11,428 November 27th, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Last Post: Harry K.
  A proper MyBB Status/Profile Updates Plugin? Darth-Apple 6 8,172 August 2nd, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: CapTon
  Is there really any demand for a social groups plugin for MyBB? Darth-Apple 0 2,269 April 16th, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Interesting MyBB plugin to fight forum spam Darth-Apple 4 10,152 August 1st, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple