Poll: Which car transmission do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Automatic
100.00%
1 100.00%
Manual
0%
0 0%
Semi-automatic or other
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

In Vehicles, Automatic or Manual Transmission?

As some of you know, autos is one of my hobbies along with general driving and even roadgeekery.
So, the question is, do you drive an automatic or manual? And which one do you prefer?

I drive automatic but prefer an "old fashioned' stick shift for better gas mileage and more control over the vehicle.
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
Manual is the way to go for me. I'm not old fashioned, but I think it's just better.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
I drive an automatic, but I personally wouldn't mind a stickshift. I think I'd actually prefer one, but I'm not getting a new car right now. Tongue

I drive an automatic but perfer a stick- go figure.
Ban reason: - (Permanent)
(June 8th, 2013 at 5:20 AM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: I drive an automatic, but I personally wouldn't mind a stickshift. I think I'd actually prefer one, but I'm not getting a new car right now. Tongue

You could have the transmission replaced, but that'd cost just as much as a new car, I bet. Not to mention probably replacing the console to put the shifter in (or steering column if you're really old fashioned Tongue)
If I was old enough to drive I would prefer a paddle. My father says he would prefer a paddle too.
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
That'd be considered a semi-automatic (unless it actually does have a clutch pedal.)
I actually prefer the standard mechanical shifter. They're really easy to use once you get the hang of them. The layout is simple to remember (think of the letter H doubled.) We used to have a Ford Bronco. I may be old fashioned, but it looked like this, and I have to say, I loved it.

[Image: insidebronco.jpg]
I started out with sticks , but have gone with automatics for quite some time now.
Younger days are for sticks Smile

thanks, brian
Sports fanatic
My ears are bad which means I can't use manual because I cannot hear the difference in the engine when it needs to be shifted. People say "hear that?" and I  hear nothing different.
My hearing isn't the greatest either, so while I'll hear it, I often don't really notice it unless I'm paying attention to it. I think I could drive a manual, but I'd have to pay more attention for that reason.

Our Ford had this sort of meter that would fill up and turn red when it was time to shift up and then turn green when it needed to be shifted down. I'm not sure what that's called though.

Oh. It's a tachometer. Basically the same thing as an RPM gauge except you don't have to guess when to shift up and down.