Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spambots be gone

Surprisingly enough, spambots, both the banned and the unbanned, comprised over 130 members of the Makestation community, and more than half of our registrations. I went ahead and deleted all of them... I'm sure there are a few that remain that weren't deleted due to the lack of proof for their spambot-ness, but the new registration stats do seem to reflect our true member count a little better.

Those spambots get annoying after long enough...

We have triumphed over the vile spambots Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
On the plus side, we now have some better overall participation stats. 68 posts per member isn't a bad average for a small community, and about 78% of our members have posted. That's something I think we can be pretty proud of as a community.

Now we just gotta figure out how to get all of these new members to stay. I think we're on the right track, but it takes time. Hopefully some cleanup and reorganization will help the community to be a little more authentic and original.

Yeah. We do have a pretty good base of active members even right now.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Reported every spam posts I saw Smile glad to hear they're gone.

And yeah... onslaught of activity Big Grin I sigh when I see "31 new posts" on the sidebar, but at the same time I'm happy.
It's really a satisfaction when you see your forum being carried by a nice memberbase. Sadly, I didn't have that satisfaction for long.