Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Microsoft to Cut 18,000 Jobs by 2015

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/17/technolo...index.html

Seems that Microsoft is falling apart...
Although it's unfortunate that they are making the cuts, I'm not really all that surprised. I don't think the company is really going to go anywhere long term. They own Windows, and while alternatives are becoming more popular, the desktop market is still dominated by Microsoft, and that's still a major thing.

I agree Smile I was told that they actually weren't falling apart, but re-building.
Maybe someone at Microsoft finally gets it? To stay competitive, sometimes you need to be lean.
And now I'm hearing talk about Windows 9 Smile hehe.
(July 19th, 2014 at 5:19 PM)CapTon Wrote: And now I'm hearing talk about Windows 9 Smile hehe.

I'm glad. Might not get me to switch from Ubuntu, but hey, Windows 8.1 still needs some work. Tongue

Windows 8.1 needs a lot of work Smile
Windows 9? Good luck with that Smile
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
(July 19th, 2014 at 6:38 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: Windows 9? Good luck with that Smile

Hey, mainstream support for Windows 7 is gonna end soon. Who knows what could be next? Tongue

I wouldn't use any more Windows products if somebody held me at gunpoint to use them.

(July 19th, 2014 at 7:40 PM)AcoG000 Wrote: I wouldn't use any more Windows products if somebody held me at gunpoint to use them.

What OS do you currently use on your PC?

Still using Windows 7 right now. I've been having issues with Steam on Mint, which is why I rarely ever use it.

Windows 7 is much better than Windows 8.1, let me tell you Smile.
(July 17th, 2014 at 1:12 PM)CapTon Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/17/technolo...index.html

Seems that Microsoft is falling apart...

Amazing. They ended 2018 as the most valuable company ever.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
(January 4th, 2019 at 11:42 PM)Thomas Wrote: Amazing. They ended 2018 as the most valuable company ever.

I think there was HOPE by some that it was falling apart. Usually, layoffs are a way for companies to stay strong going forward, and companies that are willing to performs layoffs are the ones that survive. As unfortunate as it may be to the laid-off employees.