Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chatcave.me - Free Ajax Chat hosting in BETA

Some of you may have heard me discussing an Ajax Chat host that is in beta. Chatcave.me has arrived as my newly created Ajax Chat host, in beta testing. Most of the features of Ajax Chat are available in the hosted version, and I've added a few additional ones (such as nickname registration) as well. Of course, please do your best to ignore the lack of a whole lot of documentation and the not-so-professional website at this time. I'm still working on the website, it will look nicer over time. Tongue

Anyway, if you're in need of a free ajax chat host, feel free to come check us out at http://chatcave.me or find more information in this thread!

-Darth

Oooooooooooo Smile I could use this for my site.
This is a really nice chat software thing you hav created
(June 9th, 2014 at 5:07 PM)Frelxr Wrote: This is a really nice chat software thing you hav created

It's actually based on Ajax Chat, a popular free chat room script. I did add a few features, but primarily just created a hosted service out of it, so the development credit isn't really mine. Tongue

Feel free to help test it out. Big Grin

It works really well. Congratulations!
[Image: mrnc7tt5xg8n7y494418.jpg]
Yep Smile this chat works very well for me as well. Very glad I saw this thread.
Thanks for the feedback! Big Grin

Not a problem Big Grin glad I had the pleasure to give it to you.
http://chatcave.me - new website in the works!

Beta testing will be ending soon, and quite a bit of documentation will be published. Feel free to help bug test! We need the help before the service is officially advertised in full force! Tongue

The new look for the site is very appealing Smile I hope you continue to improve it.

I encountered a bug when I was on the forums. I clicked on Forums in the navigation bar (on the site where the forums are) and just took me to a blank page that said "404 Page Not Found".
(July 2nd, 2014 at 3:16 PM)CapTon Wrote: The new look for the site is very appealing Smile I hope you continue to improve it.

I encountered a bug when I was on the forums. I clicked on Forums in the navigation bar (on the site where the forums are) and just took me to a blank page that said "404 Page Not Found".

Thanks for the feedback! Also, that bug has now been fixed. I suppose I probably should integrate the about us page into the HTML/CSS template for consistency as well, but I don't feel like it at the moment. Tongue

Glad you fixed it Smile

Well I hope you get to it eventually! The site's really coming along.

EDIT: I've encountered another bug. The link to "Create New Chat" on the forums site goes to a blank page with "404 Page Not Found".
Thanks for the bug report. I could have sworn I fixed that, but I suppose I had missed it. Tongue

It's fixed now.

Not a problem Smile just glad to help.
I got the upgrade script working properly. I can now do developmental versions of the code and test them on real chat rooms without risking any damage to actual data. It's also possible to push the new code instantly from the server, and all active chat rooms with one person logged on will be upgraded almost instantly. Chat rooms that are dormant for months will still upgrade when any page of the chat or the login page is viewed. (Needless to say, when these upgrades are pushed, the server will hit high loads very fast. Tongue )

It took me several hours to finish and test, but chatcave is gearing up to get bigger. I plan on getting a second location for it set up soon.

Awesome to hear Smile keep up the amazing work!
I'm looking at getting this on a dedicated server sometime in the next couple of weeks. Due to the dramatic increase of pricing that will be involved out of my own pocket, I'll be left with no choice but to put ads up at some point. I can't afford all of this out of pocket. Tongue

On the bright side, I hope to get build 3 pushed tomorrow. It won't have anything particularly major, but does include some improvements and documentation fixes. I hope to add some new chat commands pretty soon for build 4. Big Grin

Very exciting, if I had a website I would definitely be using your service! Smile