Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum Squad

Hello everyone!

Makestation has recently reached 200 members, its one year milestone, and has received an all new look and feel. With that said, I've been working on some other ideas to improve the makestation community, and my latest project has been the upcoming forum squad (or the makestation support squad, tentative name of course). Basically, the goal of the squad would be to be a community led team aimed at answering site questions, welcoming new members, and managing site awards, community activities, suggestions, etc... Also, one of the perks of being involved is that you will get your very own badge below your avatar as well. Tongue

[Image: fsquad1.png]

Would anyone be interested in being a part of the team? (If you're interested, feel free to fill out the optional template below. If you don't like templates, you may fill out your own fancy post in any form that you'd like. Tongue )

Quote:Optional Template:
  • What do you envision as far as competitions, awards, and community activities are concerned for Makestation? (Remember, you will be able to put forth many of your own ideas for this. Big Grin )
  • Do you have any experience with other forums? Please note that we aren't requiring staff experience specifically. If you are simply an avid forumer at other forums or here at Makestation, that will be more than enough "experience" for the job. Big Grin
  • How actively will you be involved in the community?

Also, if you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to post them below!

This sounds like a great idea Smile I'd love to be a part of the squad.

For the first bullet:

For Makestation.... my own site does not have enough members for me to do this, but I can see this working with Makestation.
I can see things such as annual awards, semi-annual awards, special recognition awards (for those people that just deserve it and their award can't wait), and even more. I can also envision things such as writing competitions, art competitions, and graphic design competitions Big Grin.

For the second bullet:

I am a site administrator at SimCityBuffs, but that does not mean I should be treated any differently than anyone else applying for this team.
I'm an avid poster at Simtropolis, SimCityDefined, Simopsis, and SimCityBuffs (not so much at Simmania Big Grin).

For the third bullet:

I will be as active as I possibly can. I do have other responsibilities to fulfill, but that doesn't mean I won't be around here often. Smile I'll be here as much as I can.
(May 28th, 2014 at 2:34 AM)CapTon Wrote: This sounds like a great idea Smile I'd love to be a part of the squad.

For the first bullet:

For Makestation.... my own site does not have enough members for me to do this, but I can see this working with Makestation.
I can see things such as annual awards, semi-annual awards, special recognition awards (for those people that just deserve it and their award can't wait), and even more. I can also envision things such as writing competitions, art competitions, and graphic design competitions Big Grin.

For the second bullet:

I am a site administrator at SimCityBuffs, but that does not mean I should be treated any differently than anyone else applying for this team.
I'm an avid poster at Simtropolis, SimCityDefined, Simopsis, and SimCityBuffs (not so much at Simmania Big Grin).

For the third bullet:

I will be as active as I possibly can. I do have other responsibilities to fulfill, but that doesn't mean I won't be around here often. Smile I'll be here as much as I can.

I like your vision for the team and for community awards, activities, etc. Your application has been accepted, and you have been added to the team! (Not much to it yet, but some more will be set up shortly. Tongue )

Would you be interested in being the first team leader?

Oooo... leader.... it sounds like a big responsibility, and I don't know if I'll be able to fulfill without abandoning the squad or something of that sorts Smile could you happen to tell me what the responsibilities are for a team leader?
(May 28th, 2014 at 2:40 AM)CapTon Wrote: Oooo... leader.... it sounds like a big responsibility, and I don't know if I'll be able to fulfill without abandoning the squad or something of that sorts Smile could you happen to tell me what the responsibilities are for a team leader?

Well the team hasn't really been established yet, so you'd have the ability to take it any direction you'd like. You'd be the main delegator and leader as far as team operations would go and would also assist in managing membership as well.

Considering you have administration experience, I think you'd be more than qualified for it. It's up to you if you're interested. Smile

Alright Smile I'll take it. But I'd prefer to have someone else as my partner of sorts. I don't feel comfortable being the leader alone.
If you'd like, you can recruit someone to be your co-leader. I'll definitely be assisting at the beginning as well, so the burden of the team responsibility won't be entirely on you, unless you kick me out xD. Tongue

Are you able to see the forum squad private discussion board at the bottom of the forum index?

Cool Smile I'll recruit a co-leader then. And I won't kick you out xD you're the webmaster.

And no, I didn't see it.
Oh I think I figured out what the problem was. Are you able to see it now?