Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simple PhpBB theme (getting my feet wet)

Hello all, 

I was looking at the phpBB default design the other day and had an idea pop into my head with the theme. Long story short, I found myself messing around with it to get a feel for what could be done with it... and lo and behold, a theme comes forth. Finna 

I will say that so far it's been VERY different from what I'm used to. I've never messed with phpBB before, so this is a first. That said, it's absolutely awesome working with a tableless, responsive default theme by default, so it's been a huge timesaver. It's gotten a little easier as I've messed with it some more. 

What do you guys think of this so far? (I'm thinking about releasing this if it turns out well) Smile

Well, it certainly looks nicer than the default phpbb theme I remember. It looks pretty good. Nice and simplistic.
Thank you @Guardian.

I've been quite impressed with the phpBB theming system honestly. It was inexcusably bad in earlier versions, but it's absolutely fantastic today. I was browsing the old ModX databases when flat file edits were required to install plugins and it was sort of nostalgic in a way (a lot of very nice mods were available back then, even though they required manual installation). The software has really come quite a long way in the past ~6 years.

Unfortunately phpBB doesn't have as many highly customized themes available it seems (at least in terms of free ones). It's really a shame because the software is every bit as customizable MyBB is, but their theme developers tend to "play it safe" a lot more I've noticed. But I will give them this: Every single one of them is responsive. And that's a huge plus.

Looks pretty good!

phpBB has gotten better over the years. I love how easy extensions are to use now. And themes are much easier to do then way back in the day. Some century I need to finish the theme I started like last year. XD
Dook, dook, dook!

[Image: Caludin.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple PHP Template Engine Darth-Apple 7 12,397 January 27th, 2021 at 10:59 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  phpBB Users: Please Review your Software Darth-Apple 4 2,987 November 29th, 2020 at 9:56 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  Phpbb 3.1 Darth-Apple 2 15,068 October 29th, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  phpbb Nav Bar Off Position 3DWaffle1 0 3,382 November 11th, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Last Post: 3DWaffle1