Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fantasy books

Fantasy genre has been my favorite for ages. I simply love that celtic kind of feel it gives me when I read it. I also like to think of myself as a part of that world, living among efls, nymphs, ents and dwarves.

This being said, do you also like fantasy? Oh, and could you recommend me some books? It would be really lovely! Thanks in advance!
I am a huge fantasy fan. Depending on what you like, you might want to check out a few series:

Urban Fantasy
*The Dresden Files
*Holly Black
*Neil Gaiman's "American Gods"

High Fantasy
*Raymond E. Feist's Novels
*Anne McCaffrey's Pern series
*Kristin Britain's Green Rider series
I may recommend good classic by Aldous Huxley , Brave New World. It's good fantasy book till this days, yesterday I finish to read it. Brilliant book!
if you haven't read it yet, I recommend the shadowhunter series, recently made into a streaming service based TV series a friend of mine recommended I check it out and I've yet to put it down.

another great "fantasy" series is the webmage series, I say "fantasy" because it features mithological figures but applies cyberpunk tropes to magic and god like poweres where teleporting, reality warping, shape changing, etc is described as being like software, so it kinda stands between science fiction and fantasy firmly into science fantasy.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I like fantasy and I read quite a bit of it. A few months ago I read the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, which I quite enjoyed. Currently I am about halfway through the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, that I find also quite good.

I have a long list of books in the 'to read' category. I also read science-fiction, more occasionally.
(June 4th, 2018 at 3:57 PM)pierreh Wrote: I like fantasy and I read quite a bit of it. A few months ago I read the First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie, which I quite enjoyed. Currently I am about halfway through the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, that I find also quite good.

I have a long list of books in the 'to read' category. I also read science-fiction, more occasionally.

Nice! I enjoy science fiction as well. It's one of my favorite genres of fiction to read. 

Also, welcome to the forums!

so I've started reading the Dresden Files, I've gotten a lot of recommendations so I picked up the first book off amazon for my tablet.

it's interesting so far.
(February 21st, 2019 at 6:40 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: ...Dresden Files...

People were talking about this series at work today. What's it all about?
well, I'm only just getting into it myself so I'll try to explain what I know so far.

it's about this guy, dresden, he's sorta like a modern wizard, he fights supernatural problems but doesn't really side with anyone.

it's... you'd really have to read it to get it.

luckilly, it was made into a TV series lol.
(February 22nd, 2019 at 12:59 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: luckilly, it was made into a TV series lol.

That might help me figure it out. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most underrated books Darth-Apple 2 1,347 December 22nd, 2022 at 12:26 AM
Last Post: Guardian
  How many books do you read in a year? Darth-Apple 18 28,211 November 28th, 2019 at 7:47 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  What kind of books do you like writing? bench91 6 9,495 April 20th, 2019 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Do you think books are overpriced? Darth-Apple 20 35,844 September 1st, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Last Post: Agandl