Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Howdy! :) New to MS & MyBB

So we have a fairly medium sized gaming community [ http://exinferno.com/ ] (Shameless plug!), and we are about to make the migration from PHPBB to MyBB. So far I'm absolutely loving it.

http://forums.exinferno.com/

I have found Darth Apple's plugin for banners and wanted to ask if someone could pass along a feature request to him:

Could you make a "Close" button on the banner? If folks have seen the banner, they might want to close it to make it go away. This would be nice and some cookie or something would ascertain that they've closed it and they wouldn't have to see it anymore.

Other than that. I love it!

Great site here, I have it bookmarked and hope to visit more soon.
There's always Javascript and cookies you can apply, but I'm not proficient in PHP so I'll leave this to Hans Squeaky.

(December 30th, 2014 at 3:47 PM)Electric2Shock Wrote: There's always Javascript and cookies you can apply, but I'm not proficient in PHP so I'll leave this to Hans Squeaky.

Me either. LOL. I'll leave it to Hans Squeaky too.
That has been a feature that has been requested and considered. The only problem is that dismissals wouldn't really be easy to support for random mode. Random mode was a bit of a dumb feature to implement for a number of reasons, but I may see if dismissals is a feature that can be implemented in a future version. I have honestly been completely away from PHP stuff for over a month now due to my crazy schedule, which may not calm down any time soon.

(December 31st, 2014 at 2:59 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: That has been a feature that has been requested and considered.  The only problem is that dismissals wouldn't really be easy to support for random mode. Random mode was a bit of a dumb feature to implement for a number of reasons, but I may see if dismissals is a feature that can be implemented in a future version. I have honestly been completely away from PHP stuff for over a month now due to my crazy schedule, which may not calm down any time soon.

Yeah...

Perhaps do some sort of bit where:

If Random; don't provide "Enable Dismissal of Notifications"
else; do nothing.

(heh, like _I_ know how to code. Wink
welcome
(January 1st, 2015 at 9:41 PM)Tim Wrote: welcome

Thank you kind sir.

Great community here.
Welcome to Makestation Sick!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post