Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

USB Devices

Seems like nowadays, you can hook up anything to a USB port. What USB devices do you have?

I have an ADATA S102 16GB USB 3.0 thumb drive, which works wonderfully!

I also have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q, an HD TV tuner that allows me to pickup broadcast TV stations on my laptop. It's quite expensive though ($74.99 at Fry's).
Currently I have a wifi adapter, a speaker, and I believe my mouse is hooked up via USB as well. That's about it I think.

I see, my wi-fi adapter is built-in. I think it's an Atheros AR9485WB, not sure of the exact model number.

My USB drive is USB 3.0, meaning the transfer speed is 5GB/sec, compared to USB 2.0's speed of 480MB/s. Big Grin
You have a laptop, right?

(July 23rd, 2013 at 4:22 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: You have a laptop, right?

Yep. Native USB 3.0 too, two USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port. Tongue

EDIT: Took a pic of my TV tuner working:
[Image: tunerexample.png]
Nice! Big Grin

(July 23rd, 2013 at 4:57 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Nice! Big Grin

I had to connect two antennas through a combiner though. That channel in the pic, WTHR-HD, is the only one that would come in without pixel static.
Nice

My home cable network has a lot of noise and pixel static since the signal is very weak in my area. They just came over to rewire some stuff, and apparently something is wrong with the underground cable.

That sucks.

Bright House seems to think the cables here are OK, despite them refusing to upgrade to fiber optic outside of Orlando which effects me cause I'm in Indianapolis. Sad
I'm not really sure if there is even a such thing as a decent cable service anymore. Comcast is popular, but they aren't great either.

(July 23rd, 2013 at 5:12 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I'm not really sure if there is even a such thing as a decent cable service anymore. Comcast is popular, but they aren't great either.

Most of Indianapolis has Bright House Networks. Some areas, mainly Castleton and Lawrence (iirc), have Comcast though. Closest area with Comcast is Fishers, though.
Back when I lived up in Fishers I was with Comcast.

Tongue I've modded a raspi zero to work as a USB connected computer.

gives me access to the GPIO by using the USB port like a Serial connection... since you know USB - Universal Serial Bus
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I've got three of them which are two 16GB and one 32GB. The first 16GB one is pink and it has my music on it. The second 16GB one is purple which has my stories and etc on it. The 32GB one is red and it has my pictures on it.
[Image: qg8LLVv.jpg]
^Banner made by me^
I actually don't have that many usb connections on my computer, so I have a hub that I only know two things are on: my printer and a data key that I don't actually know why it's connected o.o;
(February 4th, 2020 at 3:17 PM)Juneberry Wrote: I actually don't have that many usb connections on my computer, so I have a hub that I only know two things are on: my printer and a data key that I don't actually know why it's connected o.o;
Data key, what's that?
It's a USB device that you plug into your USB port and you can store data on it. Dad has one that has a restoration program on it that you can boot from to try to fix data related issues with the computer Big Grin
(February 4th, 2020 at 3:51 PM)Juneberry Wrote: It's a USB device that you plug into your USB port and you can store data on it. Dad has one that has a restoration program on it that you can boot from to try to fix data related issues with the computer Big Grin
Oh! A flash drive!

Also known as a jump drive... Which is odd to me because jump drive = scifi ftl drive lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “5G bioshield” USB stick scam Darth-Apple 3 2,434 May 29th, 2020 at 1:09 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Programmable key input devices SpookyZalost 11 8,291 September 20th, 2019 at 8:06 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  PC won't boot USB? Using 10 year old hardware? try PLOP! SpookyZalost 0 1,937 March 12th, 2019 at 5:09 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Belkin Wireless USB problems Acko 6 13,109 September 29th, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Last Post: Acko