Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Show us your "desktop" [mobile edition!]

We all know the typical "show us your desktop" for desktop computer users. Us smartphone users (particularly android users) will have some good customization over our "desktops" (or better termed, home screens) as well, so this will serve as the official "show us your homescreen" thread here on the forums.

Here is my current one. Yes, I blacked out the city. Tongue

[Image: android1.png]

Looks beautiful. I'm jealous Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
LG G2 4.4.2 stock with M8 theme, notice a resemblance? Tongue

[Image: Screenshot_2014-08-31-14-06-02.png]
Haha looks pretty similar as far as the overall design. I honestly don't mind the home and back buttons being on the screen rather than being built into the hardware. It's extra screen space that can be used for applications such as the camera too. (Not that the screens are larger because of it, but the devices seem less "cluttered" overall. )

Nice home screen. Makes mine feel rather empty haha. Tongue

[Image: s8VdQiu.jpg]

@Electric2Shock: What phone are you using?

http://www.xolo.in/q800-X-Edition

[Image: hwoeCkJ.png]
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
@Thomas: Nice! What launcher are you using?

(February 11th, 2019 at 4:04 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: @Thomas: Nice! What launcher are you using?

It's called Niagara. It's super simple and sleek. Highly recommend.
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
it's nothing fancy but I've had this wallpaper since 2012, I just love it too much.

[Image: EHbYXXo.png]

it's a bit cluttered but that's what happens when you need to accommodate interfaces for alexa, google, and Moto voice interfaces.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
It doesn't look cluttered here! I actually have an old Motorola phone laying around, I love them! I see you have ingress installed as well. Smile

Do you use Alexa, google, and Moto voice for different purposes?

actually yeah, I use alexa for music and house control, Google for data requests and navigational duties and moto voice for communications via text and voice comms.

each one is really good at what I use them for and it works great, sorta like having a team of AI's to help me out lol.

and yeah my phone is my primary ingress device... however I've been looking into building a dedicated ingress computer the last few weeks, it'd be kinda cool to rig up something that not only works perfectly but can sync up with a modular GPS unit that I can attach to a drone for those portals that would normally be out of reach.

which by the way is not cheating since I'm not spoofing lol, I'm simply augmenting things and still have to travel there physically. Cool
There are portals that aren’t in reach? Interesting... it’d be really neat to see how the project turns out!

@ Darth, yeah there's portals that require a satellite uplink just to Capture, other portals exist where access has been closed off, and then there's cases where portals are in the middle of a lake that's only accessible in winter.

crazy stuff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show us your desktop! Darth-Apple 141 123,938 December 14th, 2022 at 6:29 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  T-Mobile vs. AT&T Darth-Apple 3 3,205 February 22nd, 2019 at 3:26 AM
Last Post: zoldos
  Microsoft Managed Desktop, is M$ trying to control your PC? SpookyZalost 9 10,144 August 9th, 2018 at 6:30 AM
  Mobile phone brand robertson123 20 26,850 June 2nd, 2017 at 11:10 AM