Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Things you weren't capable of three years ago

I was quite unfit, I've been to the gym for about a year now so I am capable at exercise and fitness now a lot more than I was in the past. Probably one of my better achievements.
[Image: sig1.png]
(May 29th, 2018 at 5:16 PM)Martin Wrote: I was quite unfit, I've been to the gym for about a year now so I am capable at exercise and fitness now a lot more than I was in the past. Probably one of my better achievements.

Something I've wanted to get doing. Went for about 3 months then stopped not too long ago, really need to start going again.
[Image: forumonic-bar.png]...............[Image: xige-logo-png-blue-sml.png]
Latest snapshots: Postbit Design - Multi Login Modal (1) - Responsive Pollbar
Talking about fit, here's one...

Eating a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm vegan.
(May 29th, 2018 at 10:19 PM)Guardian Wrote: Talking about fit, here's one...

Eating a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm vegan.

I was vegetarian for a while! Even being vegetarian was difficult. Props to you, keep up with it! 

I plan on going back to it eventually.

(May 30th, 2018 at 1:35 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I was vegetarian for a while! Even being vegetarian was difficult. Props to you, keep up with it! 

It takes a bit of effort and research in the beginning. Once you get a feel for things that are go or no-go, it becomes easy.

It's great, and I feel great. The most annoying part about it is people's comments. But, you know, I don't health advice from someone that weighs 300+.
lol here here, my mentor who taught me how to play guitar is a vegan, the foods actually pretty tasty.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
(May 28th, 2018 at 10:20 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 28th, 2018 at 8:57 PM)Harry K. Wrote: I don't think we do calculus in the UK? And if we do, that shows how much I know. Tongue

Derivatives and limits, does that ring a bell? Hmm... 

Honestly I've never used it real life. It has applications like everything else but it's fairly advanced. Tongue

Nope none of them do ring a bell. It could be a very big possibility that I were "ill" from school that day. :/ And I only went to college for about 2 months so I never actually did any math there.

(May 30th, 2018 at 1:35 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 29th, 2018 at 10:19 PM)Guardian Wrote: Talking about fit, here's one...

Eating a vegan diet.

Yep, I'm vegan.

I was vegetarian for a while! Even being vegetarian was difficult. Props to you, keep up with it! 

(May 30th, 2018 at 4:40 PM)Guardian Wrote: It takes a bit of effort and research in the beginning. Once you get a feel for things that are go or no-go, it becomes easy.

It's great, and I feel great. The most annoying part about it is people's comments. But, you know, I don't health advice from someone that weighs 300+.

I have nothing against it, just curious as I have a friend who is vegetarian because she just doesn't like the taste, but could I ask what your guys' motives are? Like is it the fact it is a living thing? Or do you not like the taste? Or other?

I could never do it... Something about not eating meat scares me deeply. I take my steaks blue if you call it that over there?
(May 31st, 2018 at 8:03 PM)Harry K. Wrote: I have nothing against it, just curious as I have a friend who is vegetarian because she just doesn't like the taste, but could I ask what your guys' motives are? Like is it the fact it is a living thing? Or do you not like the taste? Or other?

I could never do it... Something about not eating meat scares me deeply. I take my steaks blue if you call it that over there?

Well, I grew up in the South on a typical red-meat eating diet. I, along with my wife, have done it for health reasons. Meat and milk-products have too many links to cancer and we come from families ravaged by it. So, we're making the change. The ethical and environmental reasons are just a bonus.

I have no idea what a blue steak is, and the thought of it is gross. Tongue
(May 31st, 2018 at 10:07 PM)Guardian Wrote: I have no idea what a blue steak is, and the thought of it is gross. Tongue

Blue would be considered "rarer, than rare", like literally 2/3 minutes on a hot frying pan on each side, take it off, and serve. This is an 8/10 ounce fillet steak. I've actually been refused to have my steak cooked blue before when I've gone to a restaurant it can take skill to do right.

And I must have been living under a rock (like I usually do), I have't heard about any link to cancer in meat or milk based products? I know things like bacon could but I thought it were because of the salt? But I guess that's a valid reason Tongue Good luck with it! I can imagine it would be quite the challenge.
(May 31st, 2018 at 10:56 PM)Harry K. Wrote: Blue would be considered "rarer, than rare", like literally 2/3 minutes on a hot frying pan on each side, take it off, and serve. This is an 8/10 ounce fillet steak. I've actually been refused to have my steak cooked blue before when I've gone to a restaurant it can take skill to do right.

And I must have been living under a rock (like I usually do), I have't heard about any link to cancer in meat or milk based products? I know things like bacon could but I thought it were because of the salt? But I guess that's a valid reason Tongue Good luck with it! I can imagine it would be quite the challenge.

Ah, where I'm from we usually just say "slap it on the a** and slap it on the plate." Tongue

There's a few great documentaries on Netflix. Forks Over Knives is one of them. The China Study is referenced a lot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_China_Study

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixing things yourself vs paying someone or replacing it. SpookyZalost 21 11,577 November 9th, 2019 at 2:21 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost