Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What exercises keep you fit?

l like to do pilates and running, l don't get to run too much due to work but l try to get out when l can and go for a run. What's your medicine?
I used to do a lot of bike riding. I plan on picking it back up this summer, although I'm not looking forward to the long process of regaining that stamina that took so long to gain back when I was more active at it.

I hate exercise but love walking, so the only way I prevent myself from becoming a ball of atrophied couch-shaped limbs is to walk anytime I can. I have the choice of two train stops for work and use the one 15 minutes (and a hill) away, if I'm running early for work I get off a stop sooner, I take the stairs whenever I can, and so on.

I tried running on the assumption that it was theoretically just a form of walking real fast. That didn't last.
Walking is much more relaxing than running, especially considering you don't feel nauseous afterwards.

I hate any form of exercise so thats why I got the Total Gym years back because I can do a 30 minute workout and stay in pretty good shape. Anything longer then that and I get really bored and just end up dreading the whole process for the next time. But my wife loves running.
(April 22nd, 2014 at 10:04 PM)TRUE LIBERTY Wrote: I hate any form of exercise so thats why I got the Total Gym years back because I can do a 30 minute workout and stay in pretty good shape. Anything longer then that and I get really bored and just end up dreading the whole process for the next time. But my wife loves running.

Haha does your wife ever manage to convince you to attempt running? Tongue

(April 22nd, 2014 at 11:15 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(April 22nd, 2014 at 10:04 PM)TRUE LIBERTY Wrote: I hate any form of exercise so thats why I got the Total Gym years back because I can do a 30 minute workout and stay in pretty good shape. Anything longer then that and I get really bored and just end up dreading the whole process for the next time. But my wife loves running.

Haha does your wife ever manage to convince you to attempt running? Tongue

Heck she saw me as one big project to work on 9 years ago when we got married and got me to lose 70 pounds. I do my total gym 5 days a week and she is happy and pretty much leaves me alone on the running thing. Even though I have gone with her on occasions with my bike.
Haha nice. Tongue

I usually cruise around the town with my bike. Right now, it's among my favorite activities. It's also healthy and I enjoy it a lot.
I like to run up hills as fast as I can until I collapse from exhaustion, I really need exercise for my mind to be happy otherwise I start to get stressed and cant focus. I also lift weights, do press ups, squats and a bit of martial arts. I also combine physical exercise with creativity with my flower sticks / devil sticks Smile Look them up fools!
I lift weights, do pull ups/push ups, set ups/crunches, leg excersises, and ride my mountain bike. Big Grin
Squats! Great, all-around body exercise.
I've been trying to do the One Punch Man workout but then again I'm not in very good shape atm. however mixing that with weighted martial arts is probably doing a lot of good. Cool
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
I've been trying to get back on the running & gym wagon... but it's pretty difficult given the limited about of time I have :o)
[Image: wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&ai...anguage=EN]
(March 20th, 2018 at 4:30 AM)pupper_donut Wrote: I've been trying to get back on the running & gym wagon... but it's pretty difficult given the limited about of time I have :o)

Ah nice! I used to do running quite a bit at the lake nearby back when I lived back home last year. I know the feeling, it's tough.

My workouts lately consist of just pushups. Not enough time with the baby, so squeeze what I can in. Still does good work!
I was a distance runner the majority of my life,
but these days at my age, my land scaping job is plenty of exercise Smile
Sports fanatic
(March 23rd, 2018 at 10:36 PM)brian51 Wrote: I was a distance runner the majority of my life,
but these days at my age, my land scaping job is plenty of exercise Smile

That's definitely a workout!