Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone ever use FluxBB?

FluxBB is an extremely bare-bones, simplified forum software that takes away almost all bloat that could be conceived. It's so simple that the entire ModCP and ACP are combined into one page, but yet it works and it's easy, and it's quite refreshing really. Much less cluttered, which is nice. 

I installed it to experiment today (was always fond of PunBB, Flux's upstream parent). It doesn't have many features, but the interface is extremely simple and clean and the ACP is extremely easy to use. It has a huge mod database for such a bare-bones software as well. Some of them look pretty interesting. 

I would never use it personally. It's a little too simple for my tastes(which is the whole point of it really), but it's perhaps the most streamlined mainstream forum software on the internet. For forums that need simplicity, it's nice. And judging by the mods, it apparently is pretty popular. 

That being said, the default theme is absolutely horrendous, but some people have come up with some nice ones.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Darth-Apple - October 14th, 2020 at 4:02 PM
RE: Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Guardian - October 15th, 2020 at 1:50 AM
RE: Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Darth-Apple - October 15th, 2020 at 2:26 AM
RE: Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Thomas - October 15th, 2020 at 2:52 PM
RE: Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Darth-Apple - October 15th, 2020 at 5:04 PM
RE: Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Thomas - October 15th, 2020 at 8:30 PM
RE: Anyone ever use FluxBB? - by Darth-Apple - October 15th, 2020 at 9:29 PM